Looking for an adventure that really showcases what the waters of West Florida have to offer? Captain James Gibson is an inshore fishing fanatic, and he can’t wait to introduce you to the incredible species here. A local fisherman, Capt. James specializes in targeting Floridian-famous fish such as Snook, Redfish, and the mighty “Silver King” (Tarpon). Come aboard James Gibson Charters to discover that inshore fishing is just as exciting as any offshore excursion!
Capt. James was born and raised on the west coast of Florida, and has been fishing the plentiful waters of Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa Bay for over 15 years. He’s passionate about inshore fishing, and loves nothing more than sharing this passion with other anglers. No matter your age or skill level, he’ll help you discover your love for fishing Florida’s shallows!
You’ll be casting off from your captain’s 22’ Pathfinder. She can accommodate up to 5 guests, but your captain recommends 3 for comfort. If you’d like to bring kids aboard, they are more than welcome to join in the fun. Just let him know in advance. He’ll make sure your group is decked out with life jackets, as well as drinking water and a cooler for your snacks.
Depending on when you visit and what you’d like to target, Capt. James will happily cater your trip to your preferences. You can spend your whole day fishing, or mix it up with some island hopping and dolphin-watching. You can choose to hook the much-sought-after Tarpon from May through August, or go after other inshore favorites such as Snapper, Trout, Redfish, and Snook. Your trip can look exactly how you’d like it to.
Capt. James will make sure you’re equipped with rods, reels, tackle, and live bait, which he’ll usually prepare before each trip. Your fishing license will also be included. Just bring your favorite snacks and drinks, and get ready to discover what makes West Florida’s inshore fishing so incredible!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2006. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Sarasota Fishing Calendar
FAQs about James Gibson Charters LLC
- $225 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour – Island Hopping/Fishing (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Sunset Fishing (3 hours)
- $400 per group - 2 Person Half Day Fishing Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $400 per group - 2 Person Half Day Fishing Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3/4 Day Fishing Trip (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Grouper (Gag)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout