Explore the waters of the west coast with Bubba Jean Sportfishing! Captain Mike has over 40 years of experience fishing San Diego Bay, both inshore and offshore waters, as well as the Coronado Islands. Having a guide that experienced is always a plus, especially if you’re a novice angler or simply don’t have much experience fishing around San Diego Bay.
The adventure starts on a 28’ Albemarle boat. This express cruiser accommodates up to 4 guests with ease, providing a safe and comfortable ride at all times. She’s powered by twin 240 HP Yanmar engines, features modern navigational electronics, a multimedia system, and a live bait tank. For your convenience, there’s a private toilet on board, as well as a microwave for hot drinks and snacks.
There are all kinds of fish you can catch here, depending on your technique and how far you go off the shore. You can target Mahi Mahi, Rockfish, Halibut, Calico Bass, several types of Tuna, Yellowtail, and Lingcod.
When you catch the fish, it will be immediately iced. Your catch can be picked up at the dock for processing. All fishing equipment is covered by the crew and they will also prepare drinking water. You’ll need to purchase your fishing license and pack some snacks.
You’ll have a safe and fun trip while Captain Mike puts you on the fish! Join Bubba Jean Sportfishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Albemarle (Express cruiser) originally built in 1999. Powered by 2 240HP Yanmar engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
San Diego Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Bubba Jean Sportfishing
- $800 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Bay (PM) (4 hours)
- $1,000 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Inshore (6 hours)
- $1,440 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Inshore (9 hours)
- $1,665 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Coronado Islands (9 hours)
- $2,040 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Coronado Islands (12 hours)
- $2,400 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Offshore (9 hours)
- $3,000 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Offshore (12 hours)
- Bed (Seating in cabin has room to lay down)
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen (Microwave; not a true kitchen)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Let us know if you wish to bring your own)
- Live Bait
- Lures (jigs)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (No Tuna. Only fish under 30 lbs, skin on. )
- Snacks (chips, candy, etc. )
- Drinks (bottled water)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Calico Bass
- California Sheephead
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Seabass (White)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack