I’d Rather Be Striper Fishing is located in Gainesville and offers guided fishing trips on Lake Lanier. The captain has fished his whole life, using every chance he had and exploring various kinds of water. He invites you to join him aboard so he can introduce you to Georgia’s beautiful freshwater grounds. Contact him to book an unforgettable experience on the water!
The boat you’ll use is a 23’ Sportsman center console that fits up to 6 guests. It runs on a 250 HP Yamaha engine and uses varied technology for safe and efficient navigation out on the water. The boat features a small portable toilet, wireless trolling motor, livewell, and an ice-box.
Although you’ll target Striped Bass, you’ll often catch other species of fish as well, including Spotted Bass, Catfish, Walleye, Gar, Crappie, and White and Hybrid Bass. You’ll use live and artificial bait to target these fish and the techniques used will be trolling, spinning, and jigging on light tackle. Catfish and Striper can also be targeted at night. Upon your request, you can travel to lakes Nottley, Carters, and Russell to chase trophy fish.
All the equipment, tackle, and bait are included. Please bring snacks, drinks, suntan lotion, and sunglasses, and dress appropriately for the weather conditions. The boat has a cooler with ice. Keep in mind that Current GA fishing licenses are required.
Join today and spend a wonderful time fishing in Georgia!
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about I'd Rather Be Striper Fishing
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Afternoon Trip (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Morning Trip (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Friday Evening Lanier Trip (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Afternoon Lanier (5 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Lanier Morning Trip (5 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Lake Lanier (6 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Lake Lanier (AM) (6 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Lake Lanier (8 hours)
- Toilet Small
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Alligator Gar
- Bass (Spotted)
- Bass (Striped)
- Bass (White)
- Hybrid Striped Bass
Meet the Charter Operator
About this listing
Sportsman (Center console) originally built in 2022. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: