Get “Hooked Up” and ready to experience some seriously fantastic fishing in Kona, Hawaii. Hooked Up Sportfishing prides itself on being a first-class, affordable deep sea charter business, with all the experience necessary to help you reel in your dream Blue Marlin!
Hooked Up Sportfishing charters is owned and operated by Captain Chuck Wigzell, who has spent the last 20 years helping guests explore these plentiful waters. Whether you want to take home some tasty fish for dinner, or battle a trophy Blue Marlin, he’ll customize your Kona trip so that it perfectly meets your needs and expectations. Your captain also specializes in introducing young anglers to these waters, so bring along the whole family!
You’ll be fishing from a 40′ Uniflite vessel that is spacious, spotless, and extremely comfortable. She can accommodate up to 6 guests. Onboard, you’ll find a variety of top-notch rods, reels, and tackle that make fishing these waters easy and fun for anglers of all ages and abilities. She’s also decked out with top-of-the-line navigational and safety gear, as well as large side rails around the cockpit, and a shaded area to relax in. Get ready to travel in comfort and style!
You’ll be battling Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin, Spearfish, Mahi Mahi, and Tuna year round off Hawaii’s Big Island. Whether you’re looking for serious rod-bending action, or just want to catch some fish for fun, you’ll be equipped with a variety of tackle to land your catch. Your captain and crew will have you trolling, live baiting, or light tackle fishing – they’ll work hard and try different techniques to have you reeling ‘em in!
When you’re back on land, your crew will fillet your catch for free, and you can have it cooked at their family-owned restaurant. Whether you want to catch a trophy-sized Blue Marlin, or have an exciting and productive family day out on the water, Hooked Up Sportfishing can’t wait to welcome you onboard!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Uniflite (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 1983, and restored in 2020. Powered by 2 315HP Detroit engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 18 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Kailua-Kona Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Hooked Up Sportfishing
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip (Mid-Morning) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (Mid-Morning) (6 hours)
- $1,100 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Toilet (Very clean bathroom)
- Fighting Chair ($15,000 fighting chair)
- GPS (Furuno)
- Fishfinder (Furuno)
- Flybridge (6 people can fit upstairs with the captain)
- Live Bait Well (tubes and tank for opelu or tuna (live bait))
- Outriggers (very tall to spread the lures out)
- Tuna Tubes
- Ice Box (Two large coolers that holds your drinks and fish)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Up to 40 pounds whole fish)
- First Mate (Very friendly, experienced and knowledgable-)
- Fishing License (Do not need in Hawaii)
- Offshore Fishing (Up to 10 miles)
- Heavy Tackle (Shimano Tiagra 130's)
- Trolling (Lures at 8 knots)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Trolling for all the pelagic fish)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Spearfish (Shortbill)
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)