Owned and operated by Captain Chris Reeves, Shallow Minded Guide Services is a diverse operation that can cater for all your saltwater fishing needs. Both first timers and old timers will be catered for by Captain Chris, who strives to make sure everyone who steps on board his boat is totally satisfied with their trip.
You will be fishing aboard a modern 25 ft Torrent Cat 5 flats boat that gives a fast and dry ride. Able to access extremely shallow waters, this boat is designed for fishing the skinny waters of Texas’ backcountry. The boat has ample storage space for your belongings and features a trolling motor and anchoring system to get you to the fish and keep you there.
Captain Chris is a native of Corpus Christi and has fished the Coastal Bend for over 30 years. He will accommodate your every need, fishing a vast area from the Corpus Christi Bay complex to the Land Cut and targeting inshore species such as Speckled Trout, Redfish, Black Drum, and Flounder. Conditions permitting, you may even be able to hook some offshore species with him, depending on the season.
Whether you are planning a family outing or a corporate tournament, Shallow Minded Guide Services is well equipped to cater for your needs. Capt. Reeves considers the waters of the coastal bend to be God’s playground: join him today to see why!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Torrent Cat5 (Flats boat) originally built in 2015. Powered by a 250HP Tohatsu engine.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, an additional 3% charge will apply.
Corpus Christi Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Shallow Minded Guide Services
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well (Two livewells on board)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Inshore Fishing (Corpus Bay complex )
- Nearshore Fishing (Weather permitting )
- Reef Fishing (Baffin Bay rocks)
- Flats Fishing (Corpus Bay to Land Cut)
- Backcountry Fishing (Shamrock area)
- Light Tackle (TFO rods Shimano reels )
- Heavy Tackle (Custom rods Penn reels)
- Bottom Fishing (Bay and Flats)
- Popping (Top water, popping corks)
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing (Drifting the flats)
- Black Drum
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Speckled Trout
- Spotted Seatrout