There’s so much that Lake Michigan’s fishery has to offer, and if you’re looking for a charter to show you to the best fishing grounds, Our Reel Heroes Charters is at your disposal! Team up with Captain Brian Standen who will put his 30 years of experience to use and make sure you have a productive fishing expedition.
Salmon fishing in Lake Michigan has been nothing short of superb in the previous years, and your guide has even caught 30 pounders in these waters. Chinook and Coho are abundant here, as well as hard-fighting Steelhead, and Lake Trout.
Your captain will provide quality Okuma gear and lures, and he’ll also clean and fillet the catch for you after the trip. The first mate will be there to assist you with everything, and if you’re happy with his work, tips are always appreciated.
Your fishing platform and ride for the day is a spacious 31’ Tiara sport fisher with twin 350 HP 454 engines. The boat is a lean fishing machine with plenty of room for up to 6 people to fight their fish at the same time. On board, there’s a cabin with a kitchen, a resting area, and a private toilet, so your trip will be comfortable in every way.
Veterans get a 10% discount on all trips with Capt. Brian and a part of the proceeds will go to taking families of fallen soldiers on fishing trips.
Coming with your little ones? No problem, as long as they’re age 6 and older. Your guide will have life jackets for the whole group, but you can bring your own fitted ones for the kids if you prefer.
A fishing license is a must on these trips, as well as snacks, drinks, sunscreen during the summer, and rain gear in colder months.
Go fishing with Our Reel Heroes Charters and discover new fishing horizons!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Tiara (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1994, and restored in 2014. Powered by 2 350HP 454 engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Manistee Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Our Reel Heroes Charters
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip (AM) (9 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip (PM) (9 hours)
- Toilet (clean and stocked)
- Multimedia System (welcome to bring your own music)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Okuma)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (mates are exp. tournament fishermen)
- Lake Fishing (Lake Michigan)
- Trolling (Spoons, flies and meat, to name a few)
- Lake Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)