Prowler Fishing Charter will take you on one of the most exciting trips you will ever take, as you explore the rich waters out of Norfolk, VA. Whether you’re a family looking for a fun day out, or a pro searching for that prized catch, there’s something for you.
Captain Louis Hocker is a father of two boys who has been fishing his whole life. He grew up in a fishing family and has continued the tradition by taking his own sons on the water as soon as they were able to stand on their own feet. Along with his dedicated crew, he promises to give you his undivided attention, treating you like his own family, and by putting you on the fish.
Up to 6 guests are welcome aboard the stunning 42’ Hatteras offshore sportfishing boat, that comes fitted with everything you need for a comfortable ride to sea. Make yourself at home in between bites, and settle in for a smooth ride.
Head out to the rich waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and get your hands on some prized fish. Explore everywhere from the inshore fishing grounds to the deep waters offshore, and there’s no end to what you can catch. Target beauties such as Spanish Mackerel, Black Seabass, and Redfish in the shallows, along with monstrous Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Cobia, and Amberjack offshore.
This is a very child and family-friendly charter where liquor is not permitted, but you are welcome to bring along canned beer, and smoking is only allowed outside. The first mate works for tips, and will do his/her best to make your stay on the boat an enjoyable one. A gratuity of 20% is customary and very much appreciated.
With everything needed for a productive day on board provided, there’s nothing left for you to do but come aboard. Prowler Fishing Charter offers a range of fishing experiences like no other, so come and take advantage of it!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Hatteras (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1974, and restored in 2015. Powered by 2 450HP Detriot Diesel engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Norfolk Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Prowler Fishing Charter
- $625 per group - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $625 per group - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $950 per group - Fall week day special inshore trip (8 hours)
- $1,125 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Nearshore (8 hours)
- $1,300 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Shark Fishing (8 hours)
- $1,485 per group - Striper/ Rockfish trip (8 hours)
- $1,700 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Offshore Wrecks (10 hours)
- $2,000 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Offshore (10 hours)
- $2,500 per group - 12 Hour Trip (12 hours)
- $2,800 per group - 15 Hour Trip (15 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate (Mate works strictly for tips. 20% is appreciated )
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing (Spanish Mackerel, Flounder, Sea Bass, Spadefish)
- Nearshore Fishing (Spanish Mackerel, Blue fish, Stripped Bass, Cobia)
- Offshore Fishing (Tuna, Marlin, Wahoo, Sailfish, Dophin)
- Reef Fishing (Taugtog, Sea Bass, Crocker, Spot, Founder, Trigger)
- Wreck Fishing (Sea Bass, Amberjack, Taugtog, Spadefish)
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (White)
- Seabass (Black)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)