Blue Makaira is the winner of the 2016 Blue Marlin World Cup. Fishing aboard this vessel in Madeira is the ultimate Big Game fishing experience – Blue Makaira has been ranked as the number one catching boat for Blue Marlin on the island of Madeira during 2017 and 2018, so you know you’ll be in safe hands when it comes to hooking the Billfish of your dreams!
The island of Madeira is a natural Big Game fish attractor – warm surrounding currents attract plenty of baitfish, while depths reaching over 1,000 meters create an ideal hunting environment for Big Game fish within just a few miles of the coast. Here you have the opportunity to catch huge Atlantic Blue Marlin, the ultimate prize, as well as a wide range of other species that will give you excellent sport!
Blue Makaira is a 34’ Rodman powered by twin 260 HP Volvo D4 engines. It comes equipped with your comfort in mind, featuring a very stable fishing platform and an onboard toilet. On board you will find a fighting chair as well as 35’ outriggers for a good spread of six lures. Blue Makaira is a member of the Shimano Pro Staff scheme, meaning you will have the best tackle available to you.
This vessel is captained by Captain Nuno, a native of Madeira who has fished the local waters for nearly 40 years. He’s joined by a crew of experienced international fishermen whose prime aim is to get you connected to fish. Fishing with them is sure to be an unforgettable experience. You can join them from mid-May to mid-October.
The Atlantic Blue Marlin off these shores are always sizeable, with one in 10 being a Grander—a fish of a lifetime. Even the ‘average’ fish, weighing a mere 650+ lbs, will put a smile on your face. There are plenty of other prestigious species to be had here as well, including White Marlin, Wahoo, and Bigeye Tuna.
Whether you are an experienced Big Game fisherman out to get that “world record,” a novice, or ‘just’ fishing for the thrill of it, Blue Makaira is perfect for you!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Rodman 1040 (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2006. Powered by 2 260HP Volvo D4 engines.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Calheta Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Blue Makaira
- €700 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- €700 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- €1,200 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Toilet (Enclosed, electric flush)
- Fighting Chair (130lb class chair)
- GPS ( 4)
- Fishfinder (2Kw Chirp Sounder)
- Flybridge (Clients welcome)
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen (For cold meals only)
- Multimedia System
- Outriggers (35ft for a good spread of 6 lures)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano Pro Staff equipped)
- Live Bait (Prepared before the trip)
- Lures (Massive selection)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Homemade sandwiches, crisps, nuts, olives, fruit)
- Drinks (Soft drinks, water and beer)
- First Mate (English speaking)
- Fishing License (No payment required by client)
- Lunch (For 8 Hour trip)
- Inshore Fishing (Coast of Madeira)
- Nearshore Fishing (To 6 nautical miles)
- Offshore Fishing (To 6 nautical miles)
- Light Tackle (30lb and 50lb gear all top range Shimano)
- Heavy Tackle (130lb, 6 rods and reels all top range Shimano)
- Trolling (30lb, 50lb, 130lb, all top range Shimano)
- Fly Fishing (Customer to provide)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Spearfish (Longbill)
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)