Tuna Tail Charters is located in Rockport and offers to show you a memorable time in these waters. Their senior captain has been fishing for over 50 years off the coast of Gloucester and Florida, boasting an impressive catch list.
Capt. John aims to tailor every trip to your specific needs, so let him know what you’re after! Depending on the trip and species, you’ll be using techniques like bottom fishing, trolling, drift fishing, jigging, kite fishing, and popping. You’re looking at 5 to 12-hour trips, where you’ll usually go after the likes of Haddock, Pollock, Cod, Shark, Bluefish, and Bass, depending on the weather and time of year.
Your adventure begins on board a 35’ custom Duffy boat that can fit a maximum of 6 anglers. Not only is it, designed for speed but it’s a very comfortable ride to boot. The boat is fitted with a toilet, AC, and ice box, as well as lots of deck space to move around with no crowding.
All rods, reels, and terminal tackle are included in the price so you can focus on what really matters, fishing. Your trip will include all the necessary fishing licenses for the day.
You’ll be able to keep any legal species caught during the trip. There will be a first mate on board to help you with anything you need. Tips for good service are always appreciated.
Up for a family trip? This is a children-friendly business, so bring your loved ones to share these memories with.
Book your trip now and hit the water with Tuna Tail Charters.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Custom Duffy (Downeast) originally built in 2007. Powered by a 420HP caterpiller engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Tuna Tail Charters
- $725 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Bass and Bluefish (5 hours)
- $1,075 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Inshore Bass/Bluefish (8 hours)
- $1,449 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Cod and Haddock (9 hours)
- $1,449 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Giant Bluefin Tuna (9 hours)
- $1,449 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Tuna and Whale Watch (9 hours)
- $1,449 per group - 9 Hour Trip–Haddock/Tuna Adventure (9 hours)
- $1,750 per group - All Day 12 Hour Marathon Trip (12 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- GPS 1 Raymarine E120 & Garmin 1242evs 12" screen
- Fishfinder Raymarine e120 & Garmin chirp 1242evs
- Bed 2 V births forward
- Live Bait Well Insulated 40 gallon tank
- Kitchen We have a built-in microwave
- Ice Box Large capacity coolers carrying 200+ lb of ice
- Radar 48 mile raymarine 12" screen
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top quality custom gear)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Arrangements can be made)
- First Mate (Customary tip 15-20%)
- Fishing License (We provide the saltwater license)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Stellwagon bank, Jefferies Ledge)
- Wreck Fishing (Fishing for Haddock, Tuna, Sharks)
- Light Tackle (Quality tackle balanced for success)
- Heavy Tackle (All custom rods – Penn and Shimano reels)
- Bottom Fishing (Our favorite fish, delicious Haddock)
- Trolling (Custom-designed rods, squid bars, lures, live bait)
- Spinning (Casting to Striped Bass and Bluefish)
- Popping (Great for Bass, Bluefish, and Tuna)
- Drift Fishing (For catching Tuna, Bass, and bottom fish)
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Shark (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Porbeagle)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)