Southern Saltwater Charters is a veteran owned and operated business based in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. Trips are run by owner Perrin Wood who is eager to help you catch fish and to have a great time doing it. From throwing a cast net or tying a knot, to catching and cleaning your own fish, he is glad to teach you what he knows. No matter your skill level, welcome aboard!
You will fish aboard a BX 22’ Sea Hunt BR originally built in 2017. Powered by a 200 HP Yamaha engine, this craft has a maximum cruising speed of 42 knots. She comes equipped with advanced fishing technology, including GPS, fishfinder, and 3 live bait wells. There is room on board for four passengers to fish in comfort though we do accommodate 5.
While casting lines in the waters surrounding Murrells Inlet you can target a wide variety of species. From Flounder, Redfish, Black Drum, Sheepshead, Summer/Winter Trout to King/Spanish Mackerel, Cobia, Barracuda, Shark and more, your captain will see to it that you bring home a catch to remember. Depending on the species, you might try your hand at jigging, popping, trolling, bottom fishing, and more.
You can bring your family aboard for half a day to test the waters, and spend four hours chasing down as many fish as you can. You may keep your catch and the crew will show you how to clean it, as well. Ice and bags are provided so you can pack up your fish and take it straight to the kitchen.
Southern Saltwater Charters provides a fishing license and gear by Shimano—all you have to bring is your own drink and snacks. Don’t forget your hat and shades.
Come aboard today for great family fishing and a trip to remember!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Seahunt (Center console) originally built in 2017. Powered by a 200HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 42 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Murrells Inlet Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Southern Saltwater Charters
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Inshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Inshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (PM) (4 hours)
- GPS (Simrad)
- Fishfinder (Simrad )
- Live Bait Well (3)
- Multimedia System (JL AUDIO)
- Wireless Trolling Motor (I Pilot Terrova)
- Ice Box (Always carry bottled water on ice )
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn and Shimano)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (usually have cold bottled water on board)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (Within 15 miles will target what's biting)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Black Drum
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout