World-class fishing awaits with BGS South Charters LLC. Based on Big Pine Key, in the Florida Keys ... Incredible fishing spots are just minutes away from Captain Mark “Beamer” Beam. Target a range of thrilling and delicious fish in the nearshore, inshore, or off shore waters with a true expert. He has over 45 years of professional fishing experience under his belt, and knows exactly what it takes to run a successful charter.
Bring a friend or loved one aboard the 21’ Mako LTS Bay Boat. She’s a compact vessel, ideal for traversing the shallow inshore waters and bays and stable enough to navigate the off shore waters when the conditions allow. Thanks to the 150 HP Mercury engine, you’ll reach speeds of up to 32 knots as you seek the sweetest fishing spots. With Garmin and Cobra navigational equipment, you’ll have no problem locating the fish, so get ready for a productive day.
You’ll usually head 8 to 24 miles out. Hit the reefs and bottom fish, work your way around the mangroves and other top fishing habitats, or head for the Blue Water Off Shore. Capt. Beamer may prepare some bait before you leave the dock, or you can immerse yourself in the full fishing experience and catch it on the way out. Try spinning or drift fishing to catch the bite of tasty Trout, Mackerel, Cobia, and Snappers, Grouper ... Go Off Shore and look for Mahi, and you may even catch the bite of a great Shark.
Whatever’s biting at the end of your line, you’re in for an incredible day’s fishing. At the end of your trip, the captain will clean, prepare, and bag your catch for you to take home. The taste of success will be sweet as you enjoy a well-earned meal later that night. With all licenses provided, there’s nothing left for you to do than get booking with BGS South and see why the Keys are an angler’s paradise.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Mako (Bay boat) originally built in 2017. Powered by a 150HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 32 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid unnecessary hassle with carrying extra cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Big Pine Key Fishing Calendar
FAQs about BGS South Charters LLC
- $375 per group, additional $75 per person after 1 guest - 1/2 Day Back Country/Reef Winter AM (5 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $75 per person after 1 guest - 5 Hour Trip – Backcountry/Reef June (5 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $75 per person after 1 guest - 6 Hour Trip – Offshore May-July (6 hours)
- GPS Garmin 740s
- Fishfinder Garmin GPS Map 743XSV
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box Plenty of Ice
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn Shimano Finn Nor)
- Live Bait (May be caught during the trip)
- Lures (Jigs, Crank Baits)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (And bagged)
- Drinks (Water, Gatorade)
- Fishing License (Provided)
- Inshore Fishing (North & South of Big Pine)
- Nearshore Fishing (North & South of Big Pine)
- Offshore Fishing (When Weather Permits !!!)
- Reef Fishing (South of Big Pine & Marathon)
- Flats Fishing (Deep Flats, typically looking for Snapper & Trout)
- Backcountry Fishing (North of Big Pine)
- Light Tackle (Penn, Shimano, Finn Nor )
- Bottom Fishing (Jig Fishing with bait & artificials )
- Spinning (Penn, Shimano, Finn Nor)
- Drift Fishing (One of My Favorites !!!)
- Cero Mackerel
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout