Get on board Calypso and enjoy your day out on the beautiful Mexican waters out of Puerto Vallarta! Captain Ariel Rosen has been fishing in the area since he was a kid, so he knows these waters like the back of his hand. He’ll make sure you have an amazing time.
The Calypso, his 30’ center console boat, is powered by twin 150 Mercury 4 stroke outboard engines. This gives it plenty of power to take you offshore in search of some monsters. Not to worry about sunny days, as there’s lots of shade on board. The boat can accommodate up to 4 anglers.
Capt. Ariel will have Avett, Shimano, and Penn fishing equipment ready for you. You’ll find tuna tubes, outriggers, downriggers, and 2 fighting chairs on board, so you’ll maximize your chances of reeling in those huge specimens! Take your catch back home to the table – the captain will be happy to clean and fillet the fish for you.
There’s a lot of trips you can choose from, depending on how much time you want to spend on the water, as well as which grounds you want to visit. The area is brimming with marine life, so there are opportunities for whale watching and snorkeling.
When it comes to fishing, there’s always something to target. You’ll try to reel in species like Mahi Mahi, Roosterfish, Snapper, Sailfish, Wahoo, Tuna, Marlin, Barracuda, Jack Crevalle, and King Mackerel. The crew supports catch and release when it comes to all Billfish.
The number one specialty tour on Calypso is a day in Yelapa. This trip includes a little bit of everything – fishing, whale watching, and snorkeling. Up to 8 people are welcome, so it’s the perfect family day. The crew loves new adventures and showing you this beautiful bay!
Join the experienced bilingual crew of Calypso, and have an unforgettable experience on these prolific Mexican waters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Locally built boat (Center console) originally built in 2011. Powered by 2 150HP Mercury engines.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
Puerto Vallarta Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Calypso
- $260 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Bay (4 hours)
- $320 per group, additional $20 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Bay (5 hours)
- $380 per group, additional $10 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Inshore (5 hours)
- $380 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 7 Hour Trip – Las Animas (7 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $20 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Marietas Hidden Beach (5 hours)
- $560 per group - 8 Hour Trip (Combo) – Yelapa (8 hours)
- $600 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $650 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Marietas Islands (8 hours)
- $800 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Corbetena Style (10 hours)
- $900 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Banco Tuna Land (12 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System (Bluetooth)
- Tuna Tubes
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Only waters)
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Pacific)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Tuna (Skipjack)