Sport Fishing El Gato III specializes in private and personalized fishing trips. Operating off the beautiful coast of Playa Flamingo de Guanacaste, Costa Rica, Captain Luis Sandi will do everything possible for you to have a productive and fun fishing trip!
His vessel is a 26’ custom-built center console that can accommodate up to 4 guests. The boat had a full makeover in 2019 and features the latest Garmin navigational technology and safety gear (including 6 adult and 2 kid size life jackets). The boat also comes with a reliable Honda engine, a private restroom, a live bait tank, and 2 ice boxes – one for the catch, and one for food and drinks.
Capt. Luis will take you exploring the best nearshore, offshore, and reef spots in pursuit of the biggest A-listers in the area. Depending on the bite, you could be reeling in the likes of Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, Roosterfish, Amberjack, Snapper, and more!
You’ll be provided with top-quality Shimano gear and Ballyhoo lures. The captain’s equipment consists of 4 heavy tackle, 3 bottom fishing, and 5 trolling rods. If you’d like to use live bait, you can purchase some for an additional cost at the beginning of your trip.
The charter will also cover soda, water, ice tea, beer, fruit, and snacks, and on full day trips, you’ll be provided with sandwiches as well. At the end of the day, the crew will clean your catch so you can take it home to enjoy a delicious meal with the family. Fishing licenses are not required for this area, so just arrive on time ready to fish and the rest will be taken care of.
Please note, kids ages 3 and older are also welcome to join in on the fun. As long as they are accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian, Capt. Luis is more than happy to have them aboard.
Book your next trip with Sport Fishing El Gato III and let them take you on the adventure of a lifetime!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Custom-built (Center console) originally built in 2012, and restored in 2019. Powered by a 150HP Honda engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Playa Flamingo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Sport Fishing El Gato III
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 5 Hour Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $550 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 8 Hour Trip (8 hours)
- Toilet ( Limpio y privado para damas)
- GPS (Garmin )
- Fishfinder (Garmin Sonar )
- Snorkeling Equipment (Solisitarlo si lo desea para tenerlo abordo)
- Live Bait Well ( Solo se utiliza carnada viva para rooster fish.)
- Ice Box (1 for the catch and another for food & drinks )
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano)
- Live Bait (Live bait when available )
- Lures (Including Ballyhoo lures)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Done on the boat )
- Snacks (Local fruit )
- Drinks (Soda, water, ice tea, & beer )
- First Mate (Se recomienda propina)
- Fishing License (Not needed at the moment )
- Lunch (Sandwiches on full day trips only )
- Lake Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (If weather allows)
- Reef Fishing
- Heavy Tackle (4 rods )
- Bottom Fishing (3 rods )
- Trolling (5 rods )
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack