Explore the waters of the west coast with Bubba Jean Sportfishing! Captain Mike has over 40 years of experience fishing San Diego Bay, both inshore and offshore waters, as well as the Coronado Islands. Having a guide that experienced is always a plus, especially if you’re a novice angler or simply don’t have much experience fishing around San Diego Bay.
The adventure starts on a 28’ Albemarle boat. This express cruiser accommodates up to 4 guests with ease, providing a safe and comfortable ride at all times. She’s powered by twin 240 HP Yanmar engines, features modern navigational electronics, a multimedia system, and a live bait tank. For your convenience, there’s a private toilet on board, as well as a microwave for hot drinks and snacks.
There are all kinds of fish you can catch here, depending on your technique and how far you go off the shore. You can target Mahi Mahi, Rockfish, Halibut, Calico Bass, several types of Tuna, Yellowtail, and Lingcod.
When you catch the fish, it will be immediately iced. Your catch can be picked up at the dock for processing. All fishing equipment is covered by the crew and they will also prepare drinking water. You’ll need to purchase your fishing license and pack some snacks.
You’ll have a safe and fun trip while Captain Mike puts you on the fish! Join Bubba Jean Sportfishing!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Albemarle (Express cruiser) originally built in 1999. Powered by 2 240HP Yanmar engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
San Diego Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Bubba Jean Sportfishing
- $700 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (4MAX) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Bay (PM) (4MAX) (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (4MAX) (6 hours)
- $1,000 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Inshore (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Inshore (9 hours)
- $1,500 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Coronado Islands (9 hours)
- $1,800 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Coronado Islands (12 hours)
- $1,800 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Offshore (9 hours)
- $2,100 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Offshore (12 hours)
- $2,300 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Bluefin Tuna (12 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen (Microwave; not a true kitchen)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (optional, if you don't wish to bring your own)
- Live Bait
- Lures (jigs)
- Snacks (chips, candy, etc. )
- Drinks (bottled water)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Calico Bass
- California Sheephead
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Seabass (White)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)