Booking with TailWrapped Sportfishing ensures you’ll have a fantastic fishing adventure. Captain James "Sean" McSwigin has over 35 years of fishing experience specializing in inshore, offshore, and tournament fishing. He has won and placed in many of Long Island’s prestigious tournaments and has also been featured on the cover of the Long Island Fisherman magazine.
TailWrapped is a 32’ Topaz sportfisherman with twin Caterpillar engines boasting 640 HP, providing a cruise speed of 22-24 knots, getting you to the fishing grounds fast. We can assure you a safe and rewarding experience that your entire party will enjoy.
The clients are a number one priority! From beginner to the most experienced angler, the crew specializes in creating a customized fishing trip for you. Capt. Sean provides everything you’ll need. Brand new top of the line equipment and tackle including Penn and Avet reels, Shimano and custom built rods are provided, as well as bait and ice. Fishing Licenses are also included.
The first mate will clean and fillet your catch for you to take home or you can bring it to the restaurant at Star Island Yacht Club and have a delicious meal after your trip. All you need to bring is a pair of sunglasses, seasonal clothing, drinks, and snacks.
Montauk is a Mecca for sport fishing and truly is "The Fishing Capital of the World." There is nowhere on earth that you can catch such a diversity of fish and Capt. Sean knows how and where to find them. Inshore you can target Striped Bass, Bluefish, Black Seabass, Fluke, Cod, Black Fish, and numerous other species. Offshore, go after Bluefin, Yellowfin and Bigeye Tuna, Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, and Golden Tilefish.
Tailwrapped Sportfishing looks forward to hearing from you and is available to answer any further questions you may have. For a GREAT fishing experience, book with TailWrapped Sportfishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Tailwrapped Sportfishing Charters
- $750 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Twilight Striped Bass (3 hours)
- $875 per group - 5 Hour Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $875 per group - 5 HOUR TRIP (PM) (5 hours)
- $1,450 per group - 9 Hour Trip (9 hours)
- $1,700 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Shark (9 hours)
- $2,600 per group - 9 Hour Trip – Tuna Inshore (9 hours)
- $3,200 per group - 14 HOUR TUNA TRIP (14 hours)
- $5,000 per day per group - 2 Day Trip–Overnight Canyon (MAX 5) (2 days)
- Toilet up to date bathroom (head) with sink & vanity
- Air Conditioning
- GPS 2 NORTHSTAR chart plotters
- Fishfinder FURUNO FCV 1100
- Bed sleeps 4
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen microwave electric stove & refrigerator
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Radar FURUNO 6kw 64 mile radar
- Rods, reels & tackle (New and maintained to the highest standards)
- Live Bait (Contact Capt)
- Lures (Hand picked by the capt.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Provided by crew )
- First Mate
- Fishing License (Included)
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle (Fun & exciting light tackle available )
- Heavy Tackle (Custom rods & new penn & avet reels)
- Bottom Fishing (We supply quality rod/reel combos )
- Trolling (One of our favorite methods for big bass)
- Spinning (For sportsman)
- Jigging (Hold on to your rod, big fish will strike)
- Popping (Tuna speciality )
- Drift Fishing (Great bottom fluke action)
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing (Perfectly set up for success )
- Bass (Striped)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
About the Captain
|34 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|34 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since January 2021|
About this listing
TOPAZ (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1989. Powered by 2 320HP Catapillar engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 26 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: