Castaway Charters is completely Covid-19 compliant, our extra large boat allows the social distancing rule to be accomplished. Your safety is #1 with Castaway.
Castaway Charters are offering you the chance to experience the best Salmon and Halibut fishing in Ucluelet. They provide fully guided fishing charters from the West Coast of Vancouver Island, targeting the most delicious and challenging game fish in the north of the Pacific.
Charters take place aboard ‘Castaway’, a 34’ luxury sport fishing Bayliner boat. This vessel is the largest of its kind in the area, and in an ocean like this one, bigger is most certainly better. The boat is fitted with a full-size washroom with a flushable toilet for comfort throughout the trip, and the vessel comfortably holds up to 5 people. All the latest gear and technology is on board, including a Furuno radar and Lowrance fishfinder and GPS. This allows the team to find schools of Salmon and Halibut and stay on them as you reel them in!
As far as fishing gear is concerned, Castaway Charters use 10’6" G Loomis rods and Islander MR 3 reels. They also use Scotty’s High-Performance electric downriggers that allow you to fish any depth. You will use this top of the range gear to catch your limit of Salmon, Halibut, Ling Cod and Rockfish while enjoying the stunning scenery of Vancouver Island’s coastline. While fishing, you may also run into whales, sea lions, bears, eagles, and other marine wildlife that calls this diverse ecosystem home.
Bring a cooler with you on the trip and you’ll be able to take it home filled with the freshest of fillets. It is possible to get the fish vacuum packed nearby, after having it bled and flushed in Castaway’s saltwater bath and placed on commercial grade salt ice. The respect given to your catch will mean you go home with the best-tasting fish on the coast.
Come to Castaway Charters as a customer and you will leave as a friend. Book now to secure your dates and enjoy the fishing adventure of a
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Bayliner Conquest SportFisher (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2014. Powered by 2 325HP Mercury Marine engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Ucluelet Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Castaway Charters
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $75 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Salmon Fishing (4 hours)
- CA $995 per group, additional CA $75 per person after 2 guests - Extended Half Day Trip – Upgrade (6 hours)
- CA $1,350 per day per group, additional CA $100 per person after 2 guests - 2 Day Trip – Salmon/Halibut Combo (2 days)
- CA $1,350 per group, additional CA $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Salmon & Halibut (8 hours)
- Toilet (Electric Freshwater full-size toilet)
- GPS (With AutoPilot by Raymarine)
- Fishfinder (Lowrance 10")
- Multimedia System (Stereo)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box (3 of them)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Prof. cleaned and filleted for you)
- Inshore Fishing (Salmon during certain seasons)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Salmon and Halibut)
- Wreck Fishing (Halibut and Ling Cod)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (Halibut and Ling Cod)
- Fly Fishing (Bring your own Fly Rod)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Salmon and Halibut)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Seabass (Black)