Reel Smooth Guide Service is located in Galveston, Texas, and offers bay fishing trips throughout the entire Galveston Bay complex. Owned and operated by Capt. Michael Meza, the charter service provides fun family friendly and corporate Texas fishing trips.
Capt. Michael fishes aboard a 25’ Majek Extreme center console boat that accommodates up to 5 guests. The boat is equipped with top of the line electronics, two huge livewells, an oxygen system for bait, a power pole, and a jack plate. The boat gives a very comfortable ride, and has plenty of space, with bucket seats and dry storage on board for all to use.
During your trip, you can try out wade fishing, drift fishing or anchored fishing throughout the inshore Galveston Bay. You can either use live bait or artificial lures to target Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Sheepshead, Black Drum and more, or you can travel further out to experience some exciting Shark action. Please note, live bait comes at an extra cost.
You will be supplied with high-quality tackle, with Shimano reels and Redtail rods making up a large part of the gear used. Whether you want to practice spin casting or bait casting, Capt. Michael will be able to provide what you need.
Thanks to Capt. Michael’s extensive experience fishing the Galveston Bay complex, you and your friends or family will have an enjoyable and exciting trip with Reel Smooth Guide Service. The captain works hard on every single trip to make sure everyone on board has the adventure to remember.
Whatever sort of trip you’re looking for, Capt. Michael will cater for your fishing needs!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Majek (Skiff) originally built in 2011. Powered by a 300HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 60 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 4% fee.
Galveston Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Reel Smooth Guide Service
- $325 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - May Special (5 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Special (4 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Catch and Release Trip (5 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - September Special (5 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Spring Special (5 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $525 per group, additional $62 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well (Live Shrimp/ Croaker)
- Multimedia System (Radio/Sirius Radio)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water provided)
- Inshore Fishing (Galveston Bay)
- Reef Fishing (Natural)
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Black Drum
- Jack Crevalle
- Speckled Trout