Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, Trout Territory will provide a personalized Trout fishing package designed especially for you. These excursions will give you an unforgettable experience fishing for Trout in the beautiful lakes, streams, rivers, and backwaters of Tasmania.
Your day will be spent walking, wading, or drifting on a purpose-built 15’ Quintrex aluminium boat in most streams, rivers, lagoons, and lakes on the island. You will be targeting wild Rainbow, Brown, and Lake Trout, depending on the season and the areas fished.
Trout Territory Tasmania specialises in sight casting for wild Brown Trout with dry flies from September to April, and they provide professional gear, including flies, all of which is put together with the simple aim of helping you catch fish in the most effective and rewarding way possible.
Beyond providing excellent fishing trips, Trout Territory can provide local advice on the best places to stay in the area, whether you want to camp in the remote wilderness, stay in a luxurious hotel, or enjoy simple bed and breakfast accommodation.
Refreshments and lunches are included in the price of your trip to give you the strength needed for a fulfilling day in and around the local waters. A pick-up service can be arranged. Depending on where you are, there may be an extra charge for this.
Please note – a Tasmanian fishing license must be purchased to take part in these trips. Trout Territory is an authorised Inland Fisheries Service licence selling agent, meaning they can easily organise your licenses. The cost of your licence is added to your balance.
Each tour is tailored individually. It’s important at the time of enquiry that you discuss your tour with the crew, so they can gather all the information they need to create a great Trout fishing experience for you.
Join Trout Territory for an unforgettable fishing experience on the unique natural Tasmanian island!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
FAQs about Trout Territory – Fish Wild Tasmania
- AU $500 per person - Full Day Fishing – Two Anglers (8 hours)
- AU $750 per person - Full Day Fishing – One Angler (8 hours)
- AU $1,400 per group - Full Day Fishing – Three Angler (8 hours)
- AU $1,600 per group, additional AU $200 per person after 1 guest - Corporate, Private Groups & Teams (6 hours)
- GPS We use GPS location tracking.
- Fishfinder We use Fishfinder detail contout & structure.
- Wireless Trolling Motor Latest Minnkota Ulterra
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Bring your favorites or use ours.)
- Live Bait (If we need it we catch it.)
- Lures (Hard bodies and Soft plastics.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Keep what you will eat all sorted.)
- Snacks (You will not go hungry.)
- Drinks (Tea, coffee, water.)
- Lunch (Please advise any special dietary requirements.)
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Waders. Please advise shoe size, height, build)
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Brown Trout
- Lake Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
Meet the Charter Operator
About this listing
Quintrex (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2000. Powered by 2 60HP Yamaha 4 Stroke engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 26 knots.
Types of fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: