Fishing Taxi Sportfishing is a company is led by Captain Doug Sullivan, an experienced and knowledgeable angler. A 5th generation fisherman, he has decades of experience fishing the Atlantic Ocean. His son, Capt. Josh Sullivan, currently runs the "Taxi" after taking over the boat previously run by his father and grandfather.
The company hails out of Wanchese Marina in Wanchese, North Carolina. It is a small fishing community with lots of captains, great spots to wet a line, and battle fish.
Fishing Taxi Sportfishing offers a variety of trips to meet your specific needs. The packages range from short nearshore fishing excursions targeting Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel to full-day Gulf Stream marathons that offer you the chance to put your skills to the test and bring home heaps of fish.
All the gear and lures you will need are provided, so just come along and enjoy a great day on the water. Join the crew aboard the ‘Fishing Taxi, a 36’ Ray Hunt boat, designed specifically for the offshore grounds. She comes powered by a pair of 300 HP Cummins engines and has plenty of fishing and seating space for up to 6 anglers.
The Fishing Taxi is outfitted with electronics, modern technologies, and a range of quality fishing equipment. She features a flybridge and a huge deck area, and there is a toilet on board for your comfort. Everything is fully kitted out for sportfishing, with a fighting chair and outriggers installed to make your trip one to remember. All aboard!
Capt. Josh Sullivan can’t wait for y’all to come to the Outer Banks and see what you can make a memory of!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Ray Hunt (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1972. Powered by 2 315HP Cummins engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 4% fee.
Wanchese Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Fishing Taxi Sportfishing
- $500 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (Evening) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (Evening) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Cobia Trip (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 8 Hour Tower Trip (AM) (8 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 8 Hour Tower Trip (PM) (8 hours)
- $1,200 per group - Full Day Trip – Nearshore (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)