Fishing Taxi Sportfishing is a company led by Captain Doug Sullivan, an experienced and knowledgeable angler. A 5th-generation fisherman, he has decades of experience fishing the Atlantic Ocean. His son, Capt. Josh Sullivan, currently runs the "Taxi" after taking over the boat previously run by his father and grandfather.
The company sails out of Wanchese Marina in Wanchese, North Carolina. It is a small fishing community with lots of captains, great spots to wet a line, and battle fish.
Fishing Taxi Sportfishing offers a variety of trips to meet your specific needs. The packages range from short nearshore fishing excursions targeting Bluefish and Spanish Mackerel to full-day Gulf Stream marathons that offer you the chance to put your skills to the test and bring home heaps of fish.
All the gear and lures you will need are provided, so just come along and enjoy a great day on the water. Join the crew aboard the ‘Fishing Taxi, a 36’ Ray Hunt boat, designed specifically for the offshore grounds. She comes powered by a pair of 329 HP Cummins engines and has plenty of fishing and seating space for up to 6 anglers.
The Fishing Taxi is outfitted with electronics, modern technologies, and a range of quality fishing equipment. She features a flybridge and a huge deck area, and there is a bathroom on board for your comfort. Everything is fully fitted out for sportfishing, with a fighting chair and outriggers installed to make your trip one to remember. All aboard!
Capt. Josh Sullivan can’t wait for y’all to come to the Outer Banks and see what you can make a memory of!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
|207 Fishing Reports|
|191 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since July 2016|
About this listing
Ray Hunt (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1972, and restored in 2022. Powered by 2 315HP Cummins engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Wanchese Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Fishing Taxi Sportfishing
- $575 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $575 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (Evening) (4 hours)
- $575 per group - Half Day – Sound Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (Evening) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $1,050 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $1,050 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,050 per group - 6 Hour Cobia Trip (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - Midday deep six hour (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - The am deep six hour (6 hours)
- $1,400 per group - Full Day Trip – Nearshore (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group - 8 Hour Tower Trip (AM) (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group - 8 Hour Tower Trip (PM) (8 hours)
- $1,600 per group - AM deep 8 hour (8 hours)
- $1,900 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Bottom Fishing (8 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate (Mate works for tips customary 20% plus)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)