Reel Time Fishing Charters offers a range of affordable trip options, a captain with more than 2 decades of experience on the water, a stable fishing platform, convenient moorage, and secure parking. Captain Turk’s friendly personality, extensive knowledge of the area, and his love and enjoyment of guiding are just some of the reasons his clients return year after year.
You will be fishing aboard a 26 ft Hourston Glascraft which features a galley (sink, table, fridge, and stand-up bathroom), a spacious deck for fishing, and a flybridge for optimal views on those nice summer days. The boat can accommodate up to six guests. The captain and the boat are Transport Canada certified and approved.
When it comes to the fishing, Nanaimo offers the avid angler an opportunity to land a trophy Chinook Salmon. Other species of fish caught in the local waters are Lingcod and Coho Salmon. The season openings for these fish are as follows: Lingcod – May 1st to September 30, 2022, Coho Salmon – June 1st through December 31, 2022, and Chinook Salmon – January through March and July 15th through December 31st, 2022.
Crabbing is another activity you can enjoy upon request. There are also scenic and wildlife options for those who wish to mix it up a little.
Come and enjoy the serene beauty, the rich history and the exciting fishing Nanaimo has to offer knowing 5% of every trip goes back into Salmon restoration projects through the Pacific Salmon Foundation.
The motto at Reel Time Fishing Charters is "Experience the Wonder, Invest in its Future.”
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Hourston Glascraft (Cuddy cabin) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2019. Powered by a 262HP 5.7 MerCruiser (inboard/outboard) engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 20 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Nanaimo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Reel Time Fishing Charters Nanaimo
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Off Season (AM) (4 hours)
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Off Season (PM) (4 hours)
- CA $575 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - In Season (AM) (4 hours)
- CA $575 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - In Season (PM) (4 hours)
- CA $750 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - Off Season (6 hours)
- CA $850 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - In Season (6 hours)
- CA $950 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - Off Season (8 hours)
- CA $1,100 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - In Season (8 hours)
- Toilet Enclosed
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water)
- Nearshore Fishing (Coastal waters: Nanaimo, Nanoose, Gabriola Island)
- Offshore Fishing (We go as far as Lasqueti Island)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)