Reel Time Fishing Charters offers a range of affordable trip options, a captain with more than 2 decades on the water, and stable fishing platform, and easy moorage and parking nearby. Captain Turk’s friendly personality, extensive experience and love and enjoyment of guiding are just some of the reasons that his clients return year after year.
You will be fishing aboard a 26 ft Hourston cuddy cabin, with ample room for 6 guests. The captain and the boat are Transport Canada certified and approved.
When it comes to the fishing, the primary target is Chinook (King) Salmon. The Georgia Strait is famous for its migration of Columbian and Fraser River fish and April-May sees some of the best fishing in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to these fish, you can expect to catch tasty Lingcod.
Crabbing is another activity you can enjoy on most trips. It is available on their four, six, and eight hour fishing charters. There are also scenic and wildlife options for those who wish to mix it up a little.
Captain Turk’s COVID-19 precautions for a safe and enjoyable service: private charters (groups no larger than six consisting of family members & close friends only), face masks (face masks will be provided for our guests and worn by our captain), a sanitized boat (all touch points to be disinfected before each trip), a handwashing station (our boat offers running water, a sink and soap for our guests to wash their hands after handling fishing or sight-seeing gear), a COVID Questionnaire (all guests who book with Reel Time will be asked whether they have experienced or been exposed to COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat or headache).
The summer of 2020 will be forever remembered as different. At Reel Time Fishing Charters & Marine Tours, our desire is to replace the fear factor with the fun factor by ensuring a safe environment.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Hourston Glascraft (Cuddy cabin) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2019. Powered by a 262HP 5.7 MerCruiser (inboard/outboard) engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 20 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Nanaimo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Reel Time Fishing Charters Nanaimo
- CA $450 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Off Season (AM) (4 hours)
- CA $450 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Off Season (PM) (4 hours)
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - In Season (AM) (4 hours)
- CA $500 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - In Season (PM) (4 hours)
- CA $650 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - Off Season (6 hours)
- CA $750 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - In Season (6 hours)
- CA $850 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - Off Season (8 hours)
- CA $1,000 per group, additional CA $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - In Season (8 hours)
- Toilet (Enclosed)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water)
- Nearshore Fishing (Coastal waters: Nanaimo, Nanoose, Gabriola Island)
- Offshore Fishing (We go as far as Lasqueti Island)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)