Merganzer Fishing Charters offers full-service fishing experiences at a variety of lengths, heading onto Lake Michigan for Salmon, Trout, and Perch. The focus of each trip is to make sure everyone has a fun and productive time on the water, no matter their age or experience level. So get down to the dock, and get ready for some of the best fishing Lake Michigan has to offer!
There is no better place to enjoy the beauty of the Great Lakes than aboard Captain Daryl’s 34 Tiara cruiser. The vessel is large and spacious enough to carry 6 guests in complete comfort, and has an air-conditioned interior with a cabin, galley, enclosed head, and plenty of space to relax in the cool on a hot summer’s day.
This is not just some pleasure cruise, however, the vessel has been set up for targeting the best and biggest the lake has to offer, and comes equipped with everything from GPS and Fishfinder to outriggers and downriggers to make sure you get the best angling experience fishing for the delicious fish which inhabit the lake.
The thing that sets Merganzer Fishing Charters apart from the pack is the skill and care with which each trip is run. Captain Daryl has been fishing Lake Michigan for over 30 years, and has been running charters for almost two decades. He is joined on each trip by his energetic and experienced first mate, and the two of them will work with you from the moment you book to make sure your trip is as special as it can be.
All trips come with tackle and bait, just remember to bring your fishing license with all necessary stamps, and a big cooler to take all your catch home in at the end of the day!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Tiara (Cruiser) originally built in 1987. Powered by 2 350HP Mercury Cruiser engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Waukegan Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Merganzer Fishing Charters
- $600 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Mon-Thur (PM) 3 MAX (5 hours)
- $600 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (PM) 3 Max (5 hours)
- $600 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) MAX 2 (6 hours)
- $600 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (PM) MAX 2 (6 hours)
- $650 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM/PM) 4 MAX (5 hours)
- $690 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) MAX 3 (6 hours)
- $700 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Mon-Thur (PM) 4-6 Ppl (5 hours)
- $740 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (PM) MAX 4 (6 hours)
- $740 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) MAX 4 (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat-Sun (PM) MAX 6 (5 hours)
- $750 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Sat-Sun (AM) MAX 6 (5 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (AM) MAX 5 (6 hours)
- $800 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat/Sun (PM) MAX 5 (6 hours)
- $840 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Sat-Sun PM 6 people (6 hours)
- $840 per group - 6 Hour Trip–Sat/Sun AM 6 people (6 hours)
- $880 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Fri-Sat-Sun (MAX 6) (8 hours)
- GPS (Ray Marine Axiom)
- Fishfinder (Ray Marine Axiom)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- First Mate (First mate works for tips)
- Lake Fishing
- Lake Trout
- Perch (Yellow)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)