Days Out Fishing Charters offers unique fishing experience in the rich Bay of Islands. These waters are crammed with fish off all shapes and colors, and you will be fishing with the Bay of Islands’ only big Snapper and Kingfish Specialist - Skipper Darren Knapping.
Whether you’re a pro angler or a bit less experienced, Capt. Darren will help you have a time to remember. His trips run year round and often get people the fish of their lifetime. Just have a look at all the fish and smiley people in the photos above - and you’ll understand what Days out is all about.
Skipper Darren is a local fisherman. He grew up fishing around these waters and has a deep understanding of the ocean and the rich life beneath the surface. Having served in the New Zealand Navy for a number of years, and working in commercial Tuna fishing, Darren eventually came to build one of the finest fishing machines in the area.
Days Out is a custom-built Extreme 885 37’ center console. She is powered by twin 200 HP Honda engines. The boat can take up to 7 people and it’s rigged with Garmin navigational electronics, features a private flush toilet, Tuna tubes, a big live well, and ice boxes. She has a cabin, walk around, plenty of room for fishing and enough shade for all people onboard. She is a stable boat fit to weather these waters.
You’ll face numerous fish species in the Bay of Islands. Darren is a specialist when it comes to Yellowtail Kingfish and Snapper. His private and shared trips will see you using a variety of techniques, using Okuma tackle and quality rods and lines. Darren will supply all the gear, tackle, and license. There will be some snacks and drinks on shared trips, whereas lunch can be served for an additional cost if requested beforehand.
Book your spot and come for a great day out on the water! Get your camera and a sunblock, then hop onboard.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Days Out Fishing Charters BOI NZ
- NZ $1,250 per group - Snapper Trip – Private/6 PAX (AM) (5 hours)
- NZ $1,250 per group - Snapper Trip – Private/6 PAX (PM) (5 hours)
- NZ $1,700 per group - 7 Hr Trip – Kingfish Private/6 PAX (7 hours)
- NZ $1,900 per group - 8 Hour Trip–Winter Private (MAX 5) (8 hours)
- NZ $2,200 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Summer Special (MAX6) (8 hours)
- NZ $2,400 per group - Up to 12 Hr Trip (7 MAX) (12 hours)
- Toilet Fresh water flush toilet
- GPS State-of-art Garmin 16 inch touch screen
- Fishfinder Garmin 1kw transducer
- Live Bait Well Massive live bait tank 4x tuna tubes
- Multimedia System
- Outriggers Custom made
- Tuna Tubes Two tuna tubes custom built into the boat
- Ice Box
- Radar 48 mile
- Rods, reels & tackle (Fully sponsored by Okuma)
- Live Bait (Jack Mackerel)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Biscuits)
- Drinks (Hot and cold drinks avaliable)
- First Mate (As required)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing (Snapper, Trevally, Kingfish)
- Nearshore Fishing (Kingfish, Snapper, Shark)
- Reef Fishing (Snapper, Kingfish, Shark and many more)
- Wreck Fishing (Various species)
- Light Tackle (Soft plastic)
- Heavy Tackle (Live baiting)
- Bottom Fishing (Stray lining, bottom fishing with ledger rigs)
- Spinning (Straylining in shallow water for snapper/ kingfish)
- Jigging (Mechanical jigging for Kingfish and snapper )
- Popping (Surface lures for Kingfish /snapper )
- Drift Fishing (With soft plastics or live bait)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bluenose Warehou
- Cod (Blue)
- John Dory
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Pink Maomao
- Snapper (Pink)
- Yellowtail Amberjack
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Extreme 885 (Center console) originally built in 2014. Powered by 2 175HP Honda engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 27 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: