Pacific Boat Rentals operates out of the famous sportfishing town of Jaco, Costa Rica, meeting clients on the beautiful Playa Herradura and taking them out for a great day on the water. The Mad Marlin is their latest vessel and the perfect boat to really get the most out of these legendary waters.
The Mad Marlin is a 24’ Polar walkaround, completely overhauled in 2017 and now looking as good a the day she was built. She can carry groups of up to six guests, cruising at over 20 knots to take you to the very best fishing spots around. The boat features a covered top to escape the sun and an enclosed head for extra comfort and convenience.
The vessel is rigged and ready for big battles offshore. A full battery of Raymarine electronics starts sweeping the deep in search of fish as soon as you leave the dock. Once you find them, her Taco 15’ outriggers and Cannon Easi-Troll downriggers will make sure no fish is out of reach.
Choose between half and full day trips, with the option of morning and afternoon charters and the ability to fish offshore or stay in the nearby bays. Both of these will produce amazing fishing, with big Marlin and Sailfish offshore and tasty Snappers and Mackerel inshore.
All Pacific Boat Rentals trips come with quality light and heavy tackle for a variety of techniques, as well as plenty of bait and one fishing license (additional licenses must be purchased at the cost of $15 per angler). You will also be given plenty of snacks and drinks to keep you going.
At the end of your trip, all your fish will be cleaned and filleted for you. You can take this away and cook it up or have it prepared in a local restaurant as the perfect end to your day, while you celebrate your triumphs and toast to the perfect fishing trip aboard the Mad Marlin.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Polar (Walkaround) originally built in 2005, and restored in 2017. Powered by 2 115HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 26 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Herradura Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Pacific Boat Rentals - Mad Marlin
- $660 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Fishing Day (AM) (5 hours)
- $660 per group - Relax Family Trip to Mantas Beach (5 hours)
- $720 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Fishing Day (5 hours)
- $880 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $999 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Extreme offshore 10 hours Trip (10 hours)
- Fishfinder Raymarine C125 MFD
- Snorkeling Equipment Calcuta Masks
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Outriggers Taco 15'
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Lures (Dead bait provided, live bait used as caught.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Beer, soft drinks & water)
- First Mate
- Lunch (Full Days get free lunch)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (25-45 miles)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Spearfishing (Customer provide equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Snowy)
- Jack Crevalle
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Queen Snapper (Caribbean)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)