Fin Chaser Sportfishing is the benchmark for quality in New Jersey. Operating for 20 consecutive seasons and topping the board at tournaments across the Northeast, these guys have the experience, the skills, and the can-do attitude to get you on that fish of a lifetime.
Launching out of Highlands, NJ, you will be perfectly placed to enjoy awesome angling both inshore and offshore. Inshore trips last four to six hours, and focus on fishing the bays, inlets, and nearshore wrecks for Striped Bass, Bluefish, Flounder, Tautog, and more.
Head offshore, and it’s an entirely different ball game. You will be rocketing out to the best fishing spots around to target Mako and Thresher Sharks, White Marlin, Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi Mahi, and various other deep-sea superstars.
Capt. Frank Wagenhoffer isn’t the kind of man to stop fishing when the bite is hot. If Tuna are making the topwaters boil out at the Hudson Canyon, he will happily stay out longer to get you on a record-breaker. The same goes for burning gas. Other captains might throttle back at the 60-mile mark, but Capt. Frank will go half as far again if that’s where the bite is best.
From the moment you step aboard Capt. Frank’s 36’ Contender Fisharound, you will know he means business. All-Raymarine electronics sweep the deep while outriggers and downriggers spread your lines far and wide to maximize your catch. All this while your captain and mate prep every kind of tackle under the sun.
The Fin Chaser Sportfishing team are fly fishing specialists who stock the best equipment on the market to give you the best experience. And it’s not just fly gear. Trolling, jigging, popping, spinning, drifting, live baiting – you name it, they’ve got it on board.
This is a chance to fish with the best in the business in the most famous waters around. This is the chance for the perfect fishing trip. So jump aboard and get ready to scratch off half your bucket list!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Contender (Performance fishing) originally built in 2005, and restored in 2018. Powered by 3 250HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Highlands Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Fin Chaser Sportfishing – Highlands
- $750 per group - 4 Hour Trip - Inshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 4 Hour Trip - Inshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $850 per group - 6 Hour Trip - Inshore (PM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour Trip - Inshore (AM) (6 hours)
- $2,000 per group - 14 Hour Trip - Offshore (4 guests) (14 hours)
- $3,000 per group - 16 Hour Trip - Canyons (4 guests) (16 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Can be caught in advance or caught on the trip)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Chips, cookies, pretzels. Donuts and bagels on AMs)
- Drinks (Water, sodas)
- First Mate (Works for tips 20% is customery )
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing (Raritan Bay, NY Harbor, Coast Line)
- Nearshore Fishing (Mud Hole, Glory Hole, Chicken Canyon & Wrecks)
- Offshore Fishing (Canyons: Hudson-Spencer)
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Marlin (White)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Mako)
- Shark (Thresher)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)