Reel Addiction Sport Fishing Charters offers a variety of trips out of Hideaway Bay in Queensland. As one of the only charters in the area and with very little pressure on the fishery, this is a top area to fish. You’ll spend the day with Captain Michael, who has over 25 years of fishing experience. He’ll put you on the fish before you know it.
Hop aboard the 20’ center console that can have 5 guests on board. The boat can be adjusted to fit the type of fishing you’ll be doing – the outriggers and downriggers can both be removed and a huge gunnel height casting deck can be fitted instead.
Just 20 minutes from shore you’ll be wetting your lines for a range of species, including Black Marlin, Longtail Tuna, Coral Trout, and many more. With Reel Addiction, you can also fish the flats for Permit, Bonefish, Queenfish, Tuskfish, Giant and Golden Trevally, and others.
On the private trips, you can request prior to the date to fly fish. The captain has 2 rods you can borrow or you can bring your own gear. This is best for 2 people only.
Lunch is included on all trips. On the shorter trips, lunch is served at the resort after the trip has ended. On the longer trips, lunch is catered for on board.
Children of all ages are welcome on board and life vests are available. Cape Gloucester is fortunate to have offshore breezes over 90% of the year so all charters are conducted in calm conditions regardless of how hard it blows.
You’ll use rods and reels from Fin-Nor, Gary Howard, and custom rods. These won’t let you down when reeling in your dream catch.
Book a trip today for an unforgettable time out on the water with Reel Addiction – you’re sure to be back time after time!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Polycraft (Center console) originally built in 2010. Powered by a 175HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Reel Addiction Sport Fishing Charters
- AU $240 per person - 3/4 Day Trip – Shared (6 hours)
- AU $380 per person - Full Day Trip – Shared (9 hours)
- AU $1,000 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Private (6 hours)
- AU $1,550 per group - Full Day Trip – Private (9 hours)
- Ice Box Plus a cooler for you to use
- Rods, reels & tackle (Fin-Nor reels, Gary Howard & custom rods)
- Live Bait (Used depending on the season)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Catch cleaning included)
- Drinks (Water, ice, and soda)
- Fishing License (No license for recreatonal fishing required in QLd )
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Private Trips–for 2 anglers with prior arrangement )
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (10 miles out, takes up to 30 minutes)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing (On private trips with prior notice)
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Black Jewfish
- Bream (Fingermark)
- Coral Trout
- Grunter (Javelin)
- Indian Threadfish
- Marlin (Black)
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Trevally (Giant)
- Trevally (Golden)
- Tuna (Longtail)