Dana Point Custom Fishing Charters offers tailored trips to best fit your wishes. If you’d like to fish and dive, or simply fish and relax, the crew can accommodate your needs. They can also take you to Catalina Island or stay inshore and watch Giant Whales travel along the coast of California on their way to Baja Mexico.
Captain Nick Miraglia has been licensed with the U.S. Coast Guard for the last 20 years. He fished on private vessels from Alaska, along the California coast to Mexico, and through the Panama Canal. He also skippered off the corner coast in Hawaii for 18 years.
Join Capt. Nick on his 39’ Luhrs. This spacious boat offers an air-conditioned cabin, two fighting chairs and a first-class tackle for catching big fish. The spacious interior sleeps 4–6 guests, with easy access to the flybridge via a molded staircase that seats 6 people. You’ll enjoy this boat even if catching fish is not your priority.
Even if you’re a novice, you can catch the main prize! Capt. Nick has had over two dozen first-timers catch their first Marlin. Your adventure can be anything, from kite fishing for Bluefin off San Clemente Island, trolling for Marlin on all the high spots, to patty-hopping for Yellowtail, Dorado and Yellowfin Tuna. Or just fishing at Catalina for White Sea Bass. You can customize your trip for whatever you want to fish.
Your fishing equipment is fully covered and they’ll also provide you with soft drinks and snacks. The crew will clean your catch, so you can look forward to a tasty meal!
Start your next adventure with Dana Point Custom Fishing Charters!
If the Captain does not respond to your inquiry right away, he is most likely on the fishing trip and will respond to you as soon as he is back.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Luhrs (Performance fishing) originally built in 2007. Powered by 2 425HP Cummins engines.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Dana Point Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Dana Point Custom Fishing Charters
- $595 per group - Coastal Excursions (2 hours)
- $795 per group - Novice Special (3 hours)
- $1,000 per group - Afternoon special (4 hours)
- $1,250 per group - Halibut Special Trip (5 hours)
- $1,495 per group - Half Day Trip – Inshore (6 hours)
- $1,750 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Inshore (7 hours)
- $1,995 per group - Mako and Thresher Shark Special (8 hours)
- $2,095 per group - Full Day Trip – Inshore (9 hours)
- $2,595 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $2,795 per group - Swordfish Special (9 hours)
- $2,995 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (10 hours)
- $3,250 per group - Full Day Outer Islands (12 hours)
- Air Conditioning (2)
- Fighting Chair (2)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Outriggers (2)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano and Penn)
- Live Bait (Usually prepared in advance)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Sandwiches and chips)
- Drinks (Non-alcoholic beverages)
- First Mate (sometimes)
- Lunch (Only on a full day trip)
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Calico Bass
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Seabass (White)
- Tuna (Albacore)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack