Mandrake is a big game fishing charter boat operated by Aquasares, with Captain Bruno Sares, and first mate Guilherme Mestre. Their goal is to make sure their clients/friends get the unique experience of fighting a big fish, either Giant Bluefin Tuna, Big Blue Marlin, or the elusive White Marlin.
The boat is a very well restored Lurs 35’ Tournament Flybridge, powered by twin 350HP Caterpillar engines, that cruise at 18kn and have a top velocity of 22kn. This sportfishing vessel has everything you need for a day on the water, and more. You’ll find a galley, a private bathroom, a bed, and a fighting chair. Enjoy a spacious deck for your fishing battles.
The trip will take you anywhere from 5 to 15 miles off the coast, where you can target Bluefin Tuna, White Marlin, and all game fish. Eventually, you can set your sights on Blue Marlin and go 45 miles out to Picos Herminios, a seamount offshore that is a "Pit Stop" for pelagic billfish, a total must when it comes to fishing grounds.
You’ll be provided with top-quality equipment from Shimano, Sunrise, Avet, Penn, Fronteira lures, Mustad, Eagle Claw, Iland lures, Squid nation teasers, and others. Your fishing licenses are also covered, as well as soft drinks and light lunch. Feel free to bring your favorite snacks and drinks and don’t forget your sun protection.
Mandrake Fishing Charters welcomes you aboard! Start your big game adventure here!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Lurs (Flybridge) originally built in 2002, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 350HP Caterpilar engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Tavira Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Mandrake Fishing Charters
- €750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Game Fishing (6 hours)
- €1,100 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Bluefin Tuna (7 hours)
- €1,100 per group - 8 Hour Trip – White Marlin (8 hours)
- €1,350 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Blue Marlin (10 hours)
- Fighting Chair Gibi Tournament
- Live Bait Well
- Outriggers Gibi 8m
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Shimano, Sunrise, Avet...)
- Live Bait
- Drinks (Water, soft drinks or beer)
- First Mate (Tip is customary )
- Fishing License
- Lunch (Ligth lunch)
- Offshore Fishing (From 5 to 45 miles out (we go were the fish is))
- Light Tackle (For White Marlin and Game Fish)
- Heavy Tackle (For Blue Marlin and Giant Bluefin)
- Bottom Fishing
- Trolling (With Bait and teasers or Lures)
- Fly Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Shark (Mako)
- Spearfish (Longbill)
- Spearfish (Shortbill)
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)