Big Jim’s Charters has been a local favorite for over 20 years in Juneau, Alaska, as these guys go the extra mile for everyone. They know the hot spots for Salmon and Halibut, and will work hard to provide a successful trip and an exciting experience. They operate from May 1 to October 1!
The boat is operated by Captain Mike, who’s been fishing for over 30 years and is as passionate about it today as he was when he first started. His goal is not only to take you to where the fish are but to also teach you how to reel them in. This is exactly what sets him apart from most. He’ll provide a brief but thorough tutorial on how to reel in, so you can start your journey feeling positive.
You will fish aboard a 35’ Luhrs express cruiser boat, powered by two 330 HP Cummings engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots. The boat has a private head, all safety equipment, as well as a radar, chart plotters, and electric downriggers.
Capt. Mike can pick you up at the Fisherman’s Bend Marina where you’ll start your nearshore and offshore adventure. When you fish for Salmon, you will slow troll, one rod per angler. And when fishing for Halibut, you will drift and jig off the bottom, also using one rod per angler. This way, everyone will get to fish and have a chance of catching a nice dinner.
Once you return to the dock, your fish will be cleaned and filleted for dinner, and the rest can be beheaded and gutted. Capt. Mike will recommend a processing plant that can store your fish until you are ready to have it sent to your home address.
All charters include sightseeing and whale watching while fishing, all bait, and top-of-the-line rods and reels. You will be able to buy your fishing license onboard. Pickup from cruise ships is available for $50 each way for up to 10 people if some of your party want to spend the day in town while you catch huge fish!
For your next Alaskan fishing adventure, a trip with Big Jim’s Charters will exceed your expectations!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Luhrs (Express cruiser) originally built in 2002. Powered by 2 330HP Cummings engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 25.0 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Juneau Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Big Jim’s Charters
- $850 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Salmon Fishing (4 hours)
- $950 per group, additional $160 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Halibut (PM) (4 hours)
- $950 per group, additional $160 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip – Halibut AM) (4 hours)
- $1,200 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Salmon Fishing (6 hours)
- $1,350 per group, additional $110 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Halibut (6 hours)
- $1,500 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Salmon Fishing (8 hours)
- $1,700 per group, additional $110 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Halibut (4 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Coho)