If you’re looking for a way to experience South Africa’s incredible fishing, look no further than Braveheart Fishing Charters. Their vast local experience coupled with a strong customer-first business mindset are all in place to ensure that any trip with them becomes a fond memory!
You’ll be fishing from the “Braveheart” a 28’ monohull boat, that has been custom-made, just for these waters. She’s powered by twin Suzuki engines, giving her 350 HP – quite enough to develop a respectable maximum cruising speed of 28 knots. The Braveheart is equipped with outriggers and a live bait box, to ensure you can focus on the fishing and not worry about bait.
A charter is ultimately as good as its captain, and captain Steve Goosen is one of the best. With over two decades of experience as a captain, Capt. Steve knows how to give his customers the best shot at getting that dream fish. There are plenty of fish here to dream about too: Barracuda, Mahi Mahi, Geelbek, Snoek, Yellowtail Snapper, Blue Marlin, and other species can be targetted.
The crew will clean and fillet your catch free of charge. Live bait is available for use on this charter. Quality rods, reels, and tackle are provided to the customers. There is a minimum age policy of 3 years old for the cruise and half-day trip and 10 years old for the offshore fishing trip.
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Custom (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2004, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 300HP Suzuki engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Braveheart Fishing Charters
- ZAR 320 per person - 1 Hour Cruise (1 hour)
- ZAR 1,000 per person - Half Day Trip (AM) - Shared (5 hours)
- ZAR 1,000 per person - Half Day Trip (PM) - Shared (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,000 per group, additional ZAR 1,000 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) - Private (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,000 per group, additional ZAR 1,000 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) - Private (5 hours)
- ZAR 20,000 per group, additional ZAR 4,000 per person after 5 guests - 12 Hour Trip - Offshore (4 PAX) (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Shimano)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Nearshore Fishing (Light tackle)
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Geelbek (Cape Salmon)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Shark (Mako)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack