Departing out of Santa Maria as well as Inhaca Island, Laurens Koen will take you to explore the big game highways that run along the eastern coast of Africa. If you’re looking for BIG game fish, you’ve come to the right place.
Gaf Adventures Fishing Charters is an enthusiastic, friendly, owner-run deep sea fishing charter with more than 25 years of fishing experience. There’s a lot to be said for a quarter of a century as a captain: Laurens certainly knows these waters. Choose your trip, and he’ll take you on the hunt for everything from Mackerel to Marlin.
Your trip will start with a dry surf launch as you head out to sea aboard the “Numzaan.” This custom-built Butt Cat is fitted with a range of electronics designed to put you on the fish, fast. At 30’, she has plenty of room aboard for 6 anglers. On board, you’ll find a Garmin GPS and sounder, as well as night lights and a radio. Perfect for a productive and enjoyable day on the water!
Depending on the trip you choose, you could be fishing the reefs or deep sea waters for a variety of species. Longer trips will take you up to 50 miles offshore in search of giant Blue and Black Marlin and other game fish, while shorter trips will take you fishing the local Maputo waters for Snoek, King Mackerel, and more.
Shimano tackle, live bait, and lures will be ready for you onboard the boat once you arrive. All you need to bring is a fishing license, which can be purchased from the maritime office on Inhaca Island or bought on your behalf by the charter company at your request. Please also make sure to let the captain know whether you want to depart from Santa Maria or Inhaca Island.
Whatever your angling aspirations, Gaf Adventures knows what it takes to enjoy the deep blue waters to the full. Let them show you how it’s done!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Gaf Adventures - Santa Maria/Inhaca Island
- $650 per day per group - Full Day Charter - 3 days (3 days)
- $650 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $650 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $700 per day per group - Full Day Charter - 2 day (2 days)
- $850 per group - Marlin Charter (8 hours)
- $950 per group - Full Day Trip–Inshore (6 MAX) (10 hours)
- $1,200 per group - Full Day Trip–Offshore (4 MAX) (10 hours)
- $1,450 per group - Extreme 100km offshore charter (12 hours)
- GPS Garmin
- Fishfinder See what is below the boat
- Live Bait Well keeping the bait alive
- Outriggers Used for bill fish charters
- Spearfishing Equipment Applies to dedicated spearfishing charters only
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano)
- Live Bait (Maasbanker to Tuna)
- Lures (Konas, live & dead bait traces)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (We clean your catch for you)
- First Mate
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Trevally (Giant)
- Tuna (Longtail)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Butt Cat (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2016. Powered by 2 200HP Suzuki 4-stroke engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 36 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: