Queenstown Fishing - Nikita
Queenstown Fishing welcomes you aboard the Nikita for a day fishing the stunning Lake Wakatipu. Head out onto these crystal-clear waters to battle freshwater game fish like Chinook Salmon, Brown Trout, and Rainbow Trout. There are also big Longfin Eels and a wide range of birds to look out for during your time onboard.
Skipper Simon offers a variety of packages, allowing everyone to find the perfect trip to fit their schedule and budget. Shared charters are a great way to enjoy the lake’s wonderful fishing and meet new friends in the process. Already have a group together? Book out the boat on a private charter and bring the whole family along!
The Nikita is the perfect vessel for exploring these calm, clean waters. At almost eight meters long, this sturdy Sea Ranger boat is licensed to carry up to 12 guests, although shared trip are limited to six and private groups are advised to stick to eight to make sure you have the best time.
The Nikita has masses of deck space to get you all battling big fish without fighting for elbow space. Below deck, you have a comfortable cabin with a toilet and room to relax whatever the weather. The boat is stocked with quality tackle from Okuma and Shimano, and features everything from downriggers to a trolling motor to make sure you can enjoy world-class angling.
Trips last either three or six hours, and will get you catching trophy Trout and Salmon. Catch and release is preferred in order to preserve the lake’s fish stock, but you are more than welcome to take some fish away to eat. If you do, Captain Simon will clean and fillet it for you, ready to take home and enjoy.
All trips require a fishing license for everyone on board, which can be purchased for your for an extra $25 per person. Pickup from Hilton can also be arranged for $20 per person, making it even easier to enjoy the lake’s incredible angling.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Queenstown Fishing - Nikita
- NZ $255 per person - 3 Hour Trip - Shared (AM) MAX 6 (3 hours)
- NZ $255 per person - 3 Hour Trip - Shared (PM) MAX 6 (3 hours)
- NZ $410 per person - 6 Hour Trip - Shared (MAX 6) (7 hours)
- NZ $950 per group, additional NZ $475 per person after 2 guests - 4WD Fly Fishing Experience (9 hours)
- NZ $950 per group, additional NZ $475 per person after 2 guests - 4WD Softbaiting Experience (9 hours)
- NZ $1,150 per group - Drift Boat – Spin & Fly Fishing (9 hours)
- NZ $1,500 per group - 3 Hour Trip - Private (AM) (3 hours)
- NZ $1,500 per group - 3 Hour Trip - Private (PM) (3 hours)
- NZ $3,000 per group - 6 Hour Trip - Private (6 hours)
- Multimedia System
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Mainly Okuma, some Shimano.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Chips and biscuits.)
- Drinks (Tea, coffee, water.)
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing (Backcountry fishing licence will apply.)
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
- Salmon (Chinook)
About the Captain
|11 Customer reviews|
|Member since August 2014|
About this listing
Sea Ranger (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2000. Powered by a 230HP Volvo Penta engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: