Ratinho Sports fishing invites you on a fishing trip around the iconic waters of the Azores, Portugal. Experience the Atlantic and its fishing hot spots around the coast of São Miguel Island in a different way! You’ll be fishing with a sea-loving crew on board a top-notch sportfishing vessel, built to ensure a pleasant and smooth ride.
Trips aboard Ratinho Sports fishing run year-round, but the weather dictates the best time for fishing. The crew will take you where the fish are, around the coastline or further out for the chance to hook big game fish, usually about 10 to 15 miles from the coast.
There are many species on offer, such as Bonito, a variety of Tuna, blue and white Marlin, Mahi Mahi and a lot of smaller, edible fish. Just let your captain know what you’d like to hook and one way or other you will be reeling ‘em in!
Skipper Adriano Medeiros describes the sea as the love of his life and welcomes you on board his 28’ Starfisher to explore it with him. This vessel is fully loaded with equipment for your safety and comfort, as well as all the fishing gear you’ll need, and snorkeling gear. Lunch, snacks, water, soft drinks, and beer are on board, too. The cabin area has WiFI and it’s equipped with a table where you can relax with your family, as well as a full toilet and shower.
In the words of the crew themselves, “Our goal is for you to enjoy your trip with us, using our long-time experience in big game fishing, coast fishing, or just a run for fun!” you’ll be joined by an English-speaking, easy-going, fun crew who will do everything to provide you with an unforgettable adventure.
The crew is flexible and can cater to your needs, customizing the trips to suit your wishes and schedule. Bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a camera. Then grab your friends and come experience the striking beauty of Azores and its fisheries!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Starfisher (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2002. Powered by a 265HP 6 Cylinder Turbo Diesel Yanmar engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 24 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Ponta Delgada Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Ratinho Sportfishing
- €200 per group, additional €35 per person after 2 guests - Hourly Trip – 2 Hour Minimum (2 hours)
- €275 per group, additional €30 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Bottom Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- €275 per group, additional €30 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Bottom Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- €300 per group - Half Day Family Tournament (4 hours)
- €300 per group - Half Day Trip – Coast Trolling (AM) (4 hours)
- €300 per group - Half Day Trip – Coast Trolling (PM) (5 hours)
- €400 per group - Half Day Trip – Big Game Fishing (5 hours)
- €500 per group - Family or Group Tournament (8 hours)
- €500 per group - Full Day Trip – Bottom Fishing (8 hours)
- €500 per group - Full Day Trip – Coast Trolling (8 hours)
- €500 per group - Full Day Trip – Fun On The Water (8 hours)
- €680 per group - Full Day Trip – Big Game Fishing (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System (WiFi available)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Snacks (cold sandwiches available)
- Drinks ( please let us know your preferences)
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Lunch ( prepared according to guests' liking upon booking)
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Gilt-head (Seabream)
- Grouper (Dusky)
- Mackerel (Atlantic)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)