Captain Matthew Champion has been fishing in Destin since the early 90s and has enjoyed a long and successful career on his way to founding Championship Offshore Outfitting and Charters. His ambition on every trip is to give you something truly special. Choose from a huge list of charters, fishing for anything from four hours up to three days.
Championship Offshore specializes in offshore and deep sea fishing for both bottom fish and pelagic species. On shorter trips, you will be fishing 20-30 miles out for Snappers, Groupers, Triggerfish, and pelagics like King Mackerel and even Sailfish.
At the other end of the scale, multi-day trips head out over 100 miles in search of big game legends like Blue and White Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna, Swordfish, and more. You can also target deep-water delicacies like Amberjack, Scamp Grouper, Vermillion Snapper, and Tilefish.
However long you come aboard for, you won’t be disappointed with Capt. Matt’s 42’ Buddy Davis sportfishing boat. The vessel has masses of space, but the captain limits groups to six to make sure everyone gets that five-star fishing experience. The boat cruises a hair under 30 knots thanks to her twin Cummins engines which kick out well over 1,200 HP.
The list of features aboard this beauty can be fairly summed up as “everything.” Inside, you will find a full head, galley, saloon, and cabins, all blissfully air-conditioned. Up on deck, you have outriggers, downriggers, tube tubes, livewells, a fighting chair, and more fishing gear than you will know what to do with.
Luckily, Capt. Matt and his experienced crew are here to walk you through every step of the trip. This is a chance to do more than just load up on fish. Get as stuck in as you want, and learn from a man who has been doing this for decades. Head home with great memories, new skills, and of course, a trunkful of tasty fish.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Buddy Davis (Convertible) originally built in 1993, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 630HP Cummins QSM-11 engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 29 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3.5% fee.
Destin Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Championship Offshore Outfitting And Charters
- $920 per group - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $940 per group - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $1,150 per group - 5 Hour Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $1,380 per group - 6 Hour Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,380 per group - 6 Hour Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $1,610 per group - 7 Hour Trip (PM) (7 hours)
- $1,610 per group - 7 Hour Trip (AM) (7 hours)
- $1,840 per group - 8 Hour Trip (PM) (8 hours)
- $1,840 per group - 8 Hour Trip (AM) (8 hours)
- $2,300 per group - 10 Hour Trip (10 hours)
- $2,760 per group - 12 Hour Trip (12 hours)
- $3,690 per group - Offshore Marlin Special (18 hours)
- $3,690 per group - 18 Hour Offshore Swordfish Special (18 hours)
- $3,870 per group - 18 Hour Trip (18 hours)
- $5,160 per group - 24 Hour Trip (24 hours)
- $7,740 per day per group - 36 Hour Trip (2 days)
- $10,320 per day per group - 48 Hour Trip (2 days)
- $15,480 per day per group - 72 Hour Trip (3 days)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- GPS (2)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Tuna Tubes
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing (Bring your own equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Snapper (Red)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Tuna (Yellowfin)