When you’re thinking of the North Carolina coast, one thing comes to mind: extreme fishing. With the Gulf Stream whizzing past, these waters are home to incredible nearshore and offshore fishing opportunities. Take advantage with Captain Big Fish. Operated by Captain Monty Childers, try your hand at a range of fishing. Having fished since he was a little boy, he gets the same thrill watching you reel in anything from a Mackerel to a Mahi.
Step aboard a 30’ Grady White center console and get ready to make your dreams come true. Powered by twin 300 HP Yamaha offshore engines, you’ll reach speeds of up to 33 knots, getting you on the fish faster than the rest. Restored in 2018, she also comes equipped with Garmin and Furuno navigational equipment. You’ll have a private bathroom on board, an essential on longer trips, especially as you make use of the free water on board.
You’ll take advantage of the live bait well on board, with bait prepared before your trip, and outriggers will also help you troll. On the reefs, try jigging and bottom fishing, while further out, wait for the reels to start screeching and jump to the rods to start reeling in a big one. Expect to go after Snappers, Groupers, Mackerels, and Cobia when hitting the nearshore. While offshore, you could catch anything from a spectacular Sailfish to a delicious Mahi Mahi.
Head up to 65 miles offshore to be at one with the marine life around you. The biggest fish live here and you’ll be amazed as you gaze upon these monsters. With snacks provided on board, you’re in for a treat throughout with Captain Big Fish. Let the captain know if you want to go scuba diving, and then all you need to do is bring your license, some sunscreen and towels. Settle in for a fun-filled fishing experience and book now.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Grady White (Center console) originally built in 2004, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 300HP Yamaha Offshore engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Wrightsville Beach Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Captain Big Fish
- $575 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (AM) (5 hours)
- $575 per group - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (PM) (5 hours)
- $1,150 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Nearshore (8 hours)
- $2,000 per group - Full Day – Offshore (12 hours)
- Toilet Private bathroom
- Fighting Chair offered for a fee
- GPS Garmin,and Garmin Auto pilot
- Fishfinder Garmin,
- Snorkeling Equipment On request
- Live Bait Well 25 gallon
- Outriggers 18ft short and long with center
- Ice Box multiple insulated boxes for BEER or FISH
- Radar Garmin
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn and Shimano)
- Live Bait (Prepared before the trip)
- Lures (Sea Vixen Professional Tackle)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (I personally clean your fish to get the most meat)
- Snacks (Peanuts, crackers, chips)
- Drinks (Water and ice)
- First Mate (20-25%)
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle (I love to throw light stuff to big fish)
- Heavy Tackle (fishing bent butts for for Ole Big Blue)
- Bottom Fishing (live or dead bait )
- Trolling (running up to 9 lines with handcrafted lures)
- Spinning (cobia special set up for the big fight)
- Jigging (all weights and sizes on board)
- Popping (multiple rods set up for this )
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing (we call it chill fishing )
- Spearfishing (bring your own equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing (up to 70 miles of choices...knowing the water )
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Tuna (Blackfin)