If you’ve heard of heard about Tarpon fishing and would like to know what all the fuss is about, then look no further than Backwater Tarpon Fishing Charters. Operated by Captain Clery, they are your resident experts when it comes to tackling the Silver King in his own backyard.
You’ll be fishing on a 24’ Ranger bay boat that is powered by a single 300 HP Suzuki engine. This vessel is perfect for Tarpon fishing as the flat deck gives you enough freedom to walk effortlessly around the boat while minimizing the risk of falling and/or getting the line tangled.
This vast lagoon is perfectly suited for marine life, providing infinite sources of bait all year round for the resident fish. Targeting the Silver King will be your main priority, but there are other fish around as well. The local Tarpon population can range anywhere from 20 lbs all the way up to 150 lbs.
Captain Clery will provide you with all the necessary rods, reels, and terminal tackle you’ll need for a fun time on the water. All you need to bring is a pair of polarized sunglasses, some sunscreen, and a go-getter attitude. Once you’ve danced with the Silver King, you’ll be hooked for life.
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Ranger (Bay boat) originally built in 2009, and restored in 2020. Powered by a 300HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 53 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
San Juan Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Backwater Tarpon Fishing PR
- $140 per person - 2 hours Low Season Deal (2 hours)
- $355 per group, additional $25 per person after 1 guest - Half Day Fly Fishing Trip (4 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $30 per person after 1 guest - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $30 per person after 1 guest - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $490 per group, additional $30 per person after 1 guest - 6hrs Fly Fishing Trip (6 hours)
- $490 per group, additional $25 per person after 1 guest - 6hrs Fly Fishing Trip (6 hours)
- $495 per group, additional $30 per person after 1 guest - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $495 per group, additional $30 per person after 1 guest - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (included when available)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Waters & Beers)
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Jack Crevalle