Come and explore some of the best fisheries in the world out of Destin with The Soggy Bottom II. Captains JJ Botelho and Adam Schroeder are both experts in fishing the local waters, and they’ll make sure to take you to all the best spots in the area!
You’ll be fishing aboard a 22’ Cape Horn center console boat powered by a single 225 HP Yamaha engine. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers. The boat has the standard navigational electronics, including a Garmin GPS, a fishfinder as well as a VHF radio.
The Soggy Bottom is a locally owned and operated fishing charter. Specializing in customizable bay, gulf, and inshore fishing excursions, all these charters take place on the waterways of the captain’s hometown.
The tackle on board consists of Shimano and Quantum rods and reels, as well as appropriate spinning rods for bottom fishing. Capt. Adam utilizes a variety of bait depending on the season and the species you’d like to target.
Many refer to Destin as the world’s luckiest fishing village, and the captains are committed to showing you why. You’ll target Redfish, Speckled Sea Trout, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Flounder, Kingfish, Amberjack, Cobia, Red Snapper, Grouper, Triggerfish, and many other species, depending on the season.
Since they are confident in their ability to put you on fish, Soggy Bottom also offers a Catch Fish Guarantee or you get an extra hour added to your trip for free. Your fish will be cleaned at the end of the trip for your convenience. All you need to bring is some drinks, snacks, and sunscreen.
Get ready for a fishing adventure of a lifetime, join The Soggy Bottom II, and make some unforgettable memories in Destin waters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Cape Horn (Center console) originally built in 2004. Powered by a 250HP Honda engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 4% fee.
Destin Fishing Calendar
FAQs about The Soggy Bottom II
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Afternoon Bay/Gulf Charter (PM) (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning Trip *Capt. Recommended* (5 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Shark Fishing Charter (5 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Morning 6 Hour Fishing Charter (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Bay/Gulf Charter (8 hours)
- $1,500 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - The Best of Both Worlds! (10 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (We Mostly fish with live baits)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Red)
- Spotted Seatrout
- Triggerfish (Gray)