Blixsem Fishing Charters
Blixsem Fishing Charters welcomes you for a fun and relaxing day of fishing in Western Cape, South Africa. You will meet Skipper Neil Stuart Delange in Knysna and enjoy a trip to the area’s bountiful nearshore waters as well as lovely reefs. The skipper is a seasoned angler who will use his vast knowledge and experience to make your trip as pleasant and successful as possible. Join him aboard and have a memorable fishing trip in South Africa!
Your adventure starts on a restored 28’ Butt Cat Game Fisher 840 saltwater fishing boat. It can fit up to 6 guests and runs on twin 250 HP Suzuki V6 engines that will take you to the fish in no time. In order to provide safe and efficient navigation, the boat is fitted with two Garmin 9” plotters, a Garmin fishfinder, and a radio. There’s a small portable toilet you can use and you will have cooler boxes with ice for storing your catch. In case you need any help, just turn to the first mate. He is a qualified skipper who will gladly give you a hand with anything you need.
On your trip, you will be chasing Yellowtail, Bluefish, Bonito, as well as many more reef and seasonal pelagic species. The techniques you can use to reel them in are also wide-ranging and include light tackle, bottom fishing, deep sea fishing, trolling, spinning, jigging, as well as popping.
Kids are welcome to join aboard if they are at least 6 and accompanied by parents. You can keep all your catch and take it home but Skipper Neil recommends you release the endangered species. Also, keep in mind that alcohol is strictly forbidden during the trip.
The skipper supplies all the fishing equipment, snacks, as well as cool drinks, tea, and coffee. When your charter is over, the crew will teach you and help you to clean your catch. The only thing you should take care of is to bring valid fishing licenses.
Blixsem Fishing Charters is waiting to take you on a wonderful fishing trip in South Africa, come aboard and have an unforgettable time on the water!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
840 Butt Cat Game Fisher (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 2012, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 250HP Suzuki engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Blixsem Fishing Charters
- ZAR 1,500 per person - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- Toilet (A small chemical toilet facility)
- GPS (Two Garmin 9" plotters)
- Fishfinder (Garmin)
- Ice Box (Cooler boxes and ice supplied to keep fish catch)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (You catch bait when needed during the charter.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Teaching and assisting at the end of the charter.)
- Snacks (Sandwiches and other snacks.)
- Drinks (Cool drinks, tea, and coffee.)
- First Mate (Also a qualified skipper)
- Nearshore Fishing (Up and down the coast line up to 15 miles.)
- Reef Fishing (There are reefs stretching all along the coast.)
- Light Tackle (Skipper Neil has national colors in light tackle.)
- Bottom Fishing (There are many reef species with seasonal pelagic.)
- Trolling (Bonito and Yellowtail are huge fun when around.)
- Spinning (Popular for Bonito and Yellowtail.)
- Jigging (Successful on and around the reefs.)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Up to 15 miles off the shore, 120 feet deep.)