Spend a day with family and friends on the beautiful Croatan Sound as Captain John Silver takes you to his backyard fishing grounds. You’ll catch shrimp and crabs and create memories that will last a lifetime. Plus, you get to keep what you catch!
Somerset Charters offers specialized inshore crabbing, shrimping, and fishing charters. You’ll be fishing aboard the Silver Dollar, a 43 ft Donelle that can accommodate up to six passengers. The boat has all USCG-required safety equipment and offers a shade canopy and a Bluetooth stereo.
Captain Silver provides top-of-the-line gear and all fishing licenses and welcomes families and children. A crabbing and shrimping trip should be on your list of must-do’s for your Outer Banks vacation — the scenery is amazing, it’s a hands-on activity and, most importantly, it’s fun!
You can pick between 2, 3, and 4 hour trips. Each trip is yours to choose what you would like to do, whether it be crabbing, shrimping, or fishing. For 2 hour trips, it’s recommended to pick just one of the activities. The 3 and 4 hour options will allow you enough time to try two or three of the fishing activities on offer. Let the captain know what you would like to do and he’ll make it happen!
To harvest blue crabs, you’ll will be using crab pots. Crabbing is consistently good from June through October! For shrimp, you’ll be using a trawl net. Varying year to year, shrimping will begin the last week of June or the first week of July, lasting until the beginning of October. Keep in mind that, by law, shrimping is not allowed on the weekends between Friday at 9 PM and Sunday at 5 PM.
If you choose to focus on fishing instead, you’ll have the chance to catch a variety of different species of fish. These include bluefish, Spanish mackerel, sea Mullet, Spot, Croaker, Red Drum, Gray and Speckled Trout, Flounder, and many more species. The fish you catch aboard Somerset Charters is yours to keep!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Somerset Charters – Crab and Shrimp
- $350 per group - 2 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip (10:30 AM) (2 hours)
- $350 per group - 2 hr Crab & Shrimp Trip (3:30 PM) (2 hours)
- $350 per group - 2 Hr Crab & Shrimp trip (6 AM) (2 hours)
- $500 per group - 3 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip (3:30 PM) (3 hours)
- $500 per group - 3 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip (6 AM) (3 hours)
- $500 per group - 3 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip(10:30 AM) (3 hours)
- $600 per group - 3 Hr Fishing (10:30 AM) (3 hours)
- $600 per group - 3 Hr Fishing(6 AM) (3 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip (3:30 PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip(10:30 AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hr Crab & Shrimp Trip(6 AM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - 4 Hr Fishing(10:30 AM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - 4 Hr Fishing(6 AM) (4 hours)
- $1,100 per group - 6 Hr Fishing(6 AM) (6 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Donelle (Pilothouse) originally built in 2000. Powered by a 430HP Cummins engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 16 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: