Spend the day with Chagrin Valley Charters and find out what the fishing in Grand River is all about! Having logged many hours on these waters, Captain Nick knows them forwards and back.
Rainbow Trout (Steelhead), Walleye, Yellow Perch, Smallmouth Bass, and more are in the cards if conditions are right. For these species, you’re likely to troll using light tackle or cast.
You’re welcome to bring home some of the fish you catch within the legal limit and fish cleaning is located nearby for an additional cost. We are docked by 2 great waterside restaurants while your fish are being cleaned.
You’ll be dropping lines from a 30’ Tiara fishing that can carry up to 6 passengers. Why fish on a smaller narrow beam boat on Lake Erie, when you can safely enjoy a well-equipped large-scale boat for you fishing pleasure and comfort. It comes with all the essentials. Powered by twin 383 strokers, this boat is second to none! There’s a private toilet on board for your convenience. Rods, reels, and tackle are provided, as well as lures.
You’ll have the help of a First Mate to put you on fish and make the most of your trip. Mates often work for tips and it’s customary to offer them a 10%–20% gratuity. Be mindful that some species may have special rules or limited seasons. If you don’t know what to expect, ask the captain.
Looking to get the whole family outdoors? Kids are absolutely welcome and child-sized life vests are available. It’s never a bad idea to bring sunblock (non-spray), sunglasses, and bottled water.
Chagrin Valley Charters – Fairport Harbor will make it easy for you to go fishing in Grand River. So, how about booking that trip?
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
|ID & License verified|
|Member since January 2023|
About this listing
Tiara (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1993, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 350HP Mercruiser engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 29 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Chagrin Valley Charters – Fairport Harbor
- $550 per group - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 MAX) (4 hours)
- $700 per group - 8 Hour Trip (AM) – Trolling (4 MAX) (8 hours)
- $725 per group - 8 Hour Trip (AM) – Jig/Cast (6 MAX) (8 hours)
- $800 per group - 8 Hour Trip (AM) – Trolling (5 MAX) (8 hours)
- $900 per group - 8 Hour Trip (AM) – Trolling (6 MAX) (8 hours)
- GPS Simrad and Raymarine redundency
- Fishfinder Simrad, Raymarine, Airmar
- Live Bait Well
- Refrigerator AC/DC
- Multimedia System Wetsounds (1400 watts)
- Wireless Trolling Motor Bluetooth enabled
- Ice Box Fish well below deck
- Radar Raymarine Digital
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Executive charter add on)
- Snacks (Executive charter add on)
- Drinks (Executive charter add on)
- First Mate (when requested, 20% customary tip)
- Lunch (Executive charter add on)
- Lake Fishing (Lake Erie)
- Inshore Fishing (Night Trips less than 20 FOW)
- Nearshore Fishing (Daytrips 20 - 45 FOW)
- Offshore Fishing (Daytrips > 60 FOW)
- Light Tackle (Early season jigging and casting)
- Trolling (planner boards and dipseys)
- Spinning (Early season in Western Basin)
- Jigging (Early season in Western Basin on reefs)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Perch (Yellow)
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)