Chincoteague Bay Adventures offers customizable and affordable fishing trips to serve any angler’s need. All trips are private, so you’ll always have the whole boat for your group only! If you would like to fish in these Virginia waters, have fun onboard with a friendly captain, look no further!
These waters are home to a variety of species, including Sharks. Captain Tim knows how to get around these, and how to make your trip memorable. If you want a snippet of action, have a look at some of the fishing reports he’s written.
Capt. Tim is a certified fly fishing guide and casting instructor trained at ORVIS endorsed Hubbard Guide School in Emigrant, Montana. He works with anglers to explain why the fish feed where they feed and how your method will entice them. So, it’s not just doing, it’s also understanding, and then doing it better.
You will join the captain aboard his 22’ Jones Brothers Bateau skiff, restored in 2017. “Shadrunner” can accommodate up to six people, and take them fishing around flats, nearshore, inshore and backcountry waters. The boat is equipped with the fishfinder, GPS, has an icebox, and a toilet compartment.
You can go spinning, jigging, drift fishing, or bottom fishing, and depending on what you’re targeting, use heavy or light tackle. If you want something slightly different, grab your bowfishing equipment, and come along. There are Sharks, Redfish, Striped Bass, Cobia, Flounder, and many more. You can customize your trip to suit you, your family, friends, or fellow anglers, or can ask Captain Tim for suggestions.
Bring a cooler to store your catch, so that you can have a tasty meal afterwards, once Captain Tim cleans your fish. The captain will provide you with rods, reels, tackle, lures and live bait, and will take care of the fishing license. You can also choose to release your catch.
Pack your necessities, grab snacks and drinks, bring a camera, and hop on your adventure around the bay!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Jones Brothers bateau (Skiff) originally built in 1992, and restored in 2017. Powered by a 115HP Brand new Mercury Sea Pro 4 stroke engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Chincoteague Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Chincoteague Bay Adventures
- $199 per group, additional $69 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Clam, Crab, Fish (19 hours)
- $199 per group, additional $69 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Private Fishing (4 hours)
- $199 per group, additional $69 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Clam, Crab, Fish (4 hours)
- $199 per group, additional $69 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Private Fishing (4 hours)
- $219 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fall Sports Fishing (4 hours)
- $269 per group, additional $79 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Shark Hunters (4 hours)
- $269 per group, additional $79 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Shark Hunters (4 hours)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bull)
- Speckled Trout