Fall in love with the Florida Keys fishing scene with Captain Jay Charters. Blessed with a year-round fishing season, the adventure never stops here. Capt. Jay started his fishing career in Jersey but couldn’t resist the appeal of the Marathon area for long. Now, he’s ready to share this excitement with you.
Your adventure takes place on a 30’ Mako that accommodates up to 6 guests. She’s powered by twin 200 HP Suzuki engines which provide a fast and steady ride to your fishing spot. The boat also features modern navigational electronics, safety equipment, a live bait tank, and outriggers.
With versatile fishing grounds, there are lots of different fish species to go after. From all kinds of Snappers, Sharks, and Groupers, to Tarpon and Spanish Mackerel. Reach the offshore spots and go after Mahi Mahi and Barracuda. If you have a specific species you want to target, it’s best to get in touch with the captain, so he can arrange a trip that will maximize your chances.
Even though there’s a catch limit, it’s more than enough to have an amazing feast after the trip. Capt. Jay will clean your catch free of charge, so you can throw it on the grill as soon as you leave the marina.
All rods, reels, lures, and bait are fully included in the price. The captain also has bottled water on the boat but feel free to bring other snacks and drinks. Bringing sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses is always recommended.
Join Captain Jay Charters and see Florida Keys from a different perspective.
Please be aware that an additional charge for fuel will be made for Offshore Trips.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Mako (Center console) originally built in 2003, and restored in 2020. Powered by 2 200HP Suzuki engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Marathon Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Captain Jay Charters
- $625 per group - 3 Hour Family Trip (AM) (3 hours)
- $625 per group - 3 Hour Family Trip (PM) (3 hours)
- $750 per group - 1/2 day Fish-Snorkel-Island Hop Pm (4 hours)
- $750 per group - 4 Hour–Fish/Snorkel/Island Hop (AM) (4 hours)
- $795 per group - Half Day Trip – Shark (AM) (4 hours)
- $795 per group - Half Day Trip – Shark (PM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster (AM) (4 hours)
- $800 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster (PM) (4 hours)
- $825 per group - Half Day Trip – Reef/Wreck/Bay (PM) (4 hours)
- $825 per group - Half Day Trip – Reef/Wreck/Bay (AM) (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 3/4 Day – Fish/Snorkel/Island (AM) (6 hours)
- $900 per group - 6 Hour–Fish/Snorkel/Island Hop (PM) (6 hours)
- $950 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Reef/Wreck/Bay (AM) (6 hours)
- $950 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Reef/Wreck/Bay (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Offshore (AM) (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Offshore (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,400 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (AM) (8 hours)
- $1,400 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (PM) (9 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack (African Pompano)
- Shark (Bull)
- Shark (Nurse)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)