Dive into the water and explore the beautiful reefs below. Find your fish and take aim. Return to the surface with a delicious dinner and a huge smile. This is what you get when you spend the day with Arpon Spearfishing.
Captain Javier Silva has been spearfishing for 30 years and prides himself on running fun, safe spearfishing trips in the warm waters around Playa Del Carmen. You’ll be visiting one of the world’s largest reef systems to go face-to-face with delicious fish under the watchful eye of a professional instructor.
You vessel for the day is a 26’ Imemsa boat with room aboard for up to 8 spearfishers. She is equipped with a full array of safety equipment and a range of quality spearfishing gear. Capt. Javi can also bring conventional tackle for an additional fee if you want to make your trip even more productive.
The day starts with an introduction to the equipment and the techniques. Once you’ve got the hang of working a speargun, you will be taken out to target anything from Hogfish and Snapper to Mahi Mahi and Wahoo. Complete beginners to seasoned spearos are welcome aboard, and Capt. Javi will tailor each trip to your experience and ability.
All Arpon Spearfishing trips come with everything you will need for the fishing itself, although you are welcome to bring your own gear along, too. At the end of the day, Capt. Javi can even teach you how to clean and fillet your catch if you’re interested. He sees every trip as a learning experience and every client as a fisherman or woman in the making.
And if you want to enjoy your fish right away, you can even visit Capt. Javi’s restaurant, La Caleta, where your catch will be cooked up fresh from the ocean. This is the perfect end to a half day trip or a great break in the middle of a full day. These guys have thought of everything so you don’t have to. So climb aboard, jump in, and get ready for a very special charter.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Arpon Spearfishing
- $125 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (AM) 5-9 MAX (4 hours)
- $125 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (PM) 5-9 MAX (4 hours)
- $145 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (AM) 3-4 MAX (4 hours)
- $145 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (PM) 3-4 MAX (4 hours)
- $165 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (AM) 2 MAX (4 hours)
- $165 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (PM) 2 MAX (4 hours)
- $250 per person - Full Day Trip - Shared 5-9 MAX (8 hours)
- $290 per person - Full Day Trip - Shared 3-4 MAX (8 hours)
- $330 per person - Full Day Trip - Shared 2 MAX (8 hours)
- $360 per group, additional $145 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (AM) MAX 4 (4 hours)
- $360 per group, additional $145 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (PM) MAX 4 (4 hours)
- $670 per group, additional $120 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (AM) (4 hours)
- $670 per group, additional $120 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (PM) (4 hours)
- $680 per group, additional $290 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Private (MAX 4) (8 hours)
- $1,260 per group, additional $240 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip - Private (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Multimedia System
- Spearfishing Equipment
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Soft drinks & water)
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Pacific)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Red)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Snapper (Red)
- Triggerfish (Gray)
About the Captain
|2 Fishing Reports|
|2 Customer reviews|
|Response time 7 hours|
|Member since January 2014|
About this listing
Imemsa (Dive boat) originally built in 2004. Powered by a 100HP Yamaha engine.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 1 day before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: