Dive into the water and explore the beautiful reefs below. Find your fish and take aim. Return to the surface with a delicious dinner and a huge smile. This is what you get when you spend the day with Arpon Spearfishing.
Captain Javier Silva has been spearfishing for 30 years and prides himself on running fun, safe spearfishing trips in the warm waters around Playa Del Carmen. You’ll be visiting one of the world’s largest reef systems to go face-to-face with delicious fish under the watchful eye of a professional instructor.
You vessel for the day is a 26’ Imemsa boat with room aboard for up to 8 spearfishers. She is equipped with a full array of safety equipment and a range of quality spearfishing gear. Capt. Javi can also bring conventional tackle for an additional fee if you want to make your trip even more productive.
The day starts with an introduction to the equipment and the techniques. Once you’ve got the hang of working a speargun, you will be taken out to target anything from Hogfish and Snapper to Mahi Mahi and Wahoo. Complete beginners to seasoned spearos are welcome aboard, and Capt. Javi will tailor each trip to your experience and ability.
All Arpon Spearfishing trips come with everything you will need for the fishing itself, although you are welcome to bring your own gear along, too. At the end of the day, Capt. Javi can even teach you how to clean and fillet your catch if you’re interested. He sees every trip as a learning experience and every client as a fisherman or woman in the making.
And if you want to enjoy your fish right away, you can even visit Capt. Javi’s restaurant, La Caleta, where your catch will be cooked up fresh from the ocean. This is the perfect end to a half day trip or a great break in the middle of a full day. These guys have thought of everything so you don’t have to. So climb aboard, jump in, and get ready for a very special charter.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Imemsa (Dive boat) originally built in 2004. Powered by a 100HP Yamaha engine.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Puerto Aventuras Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Arpon Spearfishing
- $135 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (PM) (4 hours)
- $135 per person - Half Day Trip - Shared (AM) (4 hours)
- $270 per person - Full Day Trip - Shared (8 hours)
- $340 per group, additional $145 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (AM) MAX 4 (4 hours)
- $340 per group, additional $145 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (PM) MAX 4 (4 hours)
- $630 per group, additional $120 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (AM) (4 hours)
- $630 per group, additional $120 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Private (PM) (4 hours)
- $680 per group, additional $290 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip - Private (MAX 4) (8 hours)
- $1,260 per group, additional $240 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip - Private (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Multimedia System
- Spearfishing Equipment
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Soft drinks & water)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Heavy Tackle
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Pacific)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Red)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Snapper (Red)
- Triggerfish (Gray)