Captain Jon Hulcher of Fish Insight Guide Service has been a fishing guide in Alaska for the last 8 years; Beaufort North Carolina for 4 years. He’s working hard to make sure his clients have the best experience possible while catching some extraordinary fish! He has fished all over the place including the flats of Mexico and Belize, the jungle of Nicaragua and the Florida Keys. Those experiences have shaped the way he’s fishing.
His fall NC fishing trips revolve around False Albacore, which is one of the most exciting targets in this area. When you’re not on a False Albacore blitz trip, you’ll be catching Redfish, Bluefish, Speckled Trout, and Weakfish. Jon has been fly fishing since the age of 10 and he currently is spending over 200 days a year guiding anglers and fishing for fun! In case fly fishing doesn’t sound interesting to you, Capt. Jon also offers spin fishing and other conventional tackle.
You’ll be fishing on a 20’ Sea Hunt bay boat that accommodates up to 3 guests. The boat has plenty of dry storage for your stuff and she’s powered by a reliable and quick 150 HP Yamaha engine. There’s a big cooler for your drinks and snacks but you can also bring your own.
Capt. Jon uses top of the line rods and reels and he also covers your fly fishing equipment. After the trip, he’ll clean your catch free of charge. You only need to bring snacks and drinks. To make fishing more successful, you can also bring polarized sunglasses and rain gear.
Let Capt. Jon show you around the waters that he grew up fishing in eastern NC. Fish Insight Guide Service is at your service.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Sea Hunt (Bay boat) originally built in 2015. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Beaufort Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Fish Insight Guide Service
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day – Inshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day – Inshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - 6 Hour – Albie Fly Fishing / Light (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day – Inshore (8 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day – False Albacore Blitz (8 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Nearshore Mixed Bag (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Life Jackets
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano, TFO, and G Loomis)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Hatch, Nautilus, Tibor, Scott, Sage)
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout