Top Fishing Charters4748 pro captains at your fingertips
Instant ConfirmationLook for the Instant Book symbol
Fast & Easy BookingBook online to lock in your dates
Top Permit Fishing Charters in Florida
Permit Fishing in Florida
Permit fishing in south Florida offers an excellent opportunity to develop your angling skills. There are three hotspot areas to target these smart and hard fighters:
- Biscayne Bay - flats on the eastern side from about Soldier Key down to Sands Key and mangroves on the western and southern side of the bay
- The Lower Keys - rocky flats from Upper Harbor Key down to Jewfish Channel; asides from combing the bottom, Permit here often feed on the surface of the water as well
- Key West - the vast flats of the Lakes region; this is where the biggest Permit in Florida are
* Of course, the strip of islands in between the Lower Keys and Biscayne have their fair share of flats hosting an abundance of Permit, too.
Some excellent guides that can take you out for Permit will be: captain Dave with Grateful Dave Charters or captain Mike with C Hawk out of Key West; captain Ted with Skins and Fins or captain Matt with Bamboo Charters out of Islamorada.
Florida Fishing Calendar
Fish Species Similar to Permit in Florida
- Size 20 to 40lbs
- Food Value Average
- Game Qualities Good
- Habitats Offshore, Reef, Wreck
- Size 15 to 25lbs
- Food Value Low
- Game Qualities Excellent
- Habitats River, Inshore, Nearshore, Offshore, Reef, Flats, Backcountry, Wreck
What People Are Saying About Permit Fishing in Florida
"Trip cancelled due to weather conditions."
Capt Mac was wonderful via phone ensuring our safety. He kept delaying to see if weather would permit our trip but he had to cancel. Waiting now to be refunded our deposit. We would def recommend and.hope we get to go next visit.
"Full day trip with Mark Gibon"
We had a great time with captain Mark. Due too windy conditions we were unable to get far away out to target mahi mahi. We did catch yellowtail , snappers and permit and several other species. Unluckily we lost the biggest permit close to the boat because of a shark! Captain Mark is fun to be around and great with the kids!! Booked Mark again for this coming thursday.
"Fishing with Mark"
Excellent trip! Although the conditions made it tricky with winds and fast currents Captain Mike put us on fish all day. My daughter had a blast and landed about 25 fish. Topped the trip off with a 17lb Permit just before heading back. Great time thanks Captain Mike!
Nearby Permit Fishing Destinations
Top Fishing Charters
4748 pro captains at your fingertips
Fast & Easy Booking
Book online to lock in your dates
Look for the Instant Book symbol